About the Esk8 Electronics category

This category is for everything to do with esk8 or other PEV electronics. Questions, comments, concerns, and development of motor controllers, remotes, lighting systems, battery management systems, telemetry devices, display screens, etc should be posted in here.

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Daniel.
I am developing an electric motor test bench for education in developing countries. We use mechanically coupled car alternators, one as an electric motor, one as a brake load. The control is done with two VESC6 from Trampa. We had some problems. I found the report on the Ackmaniac VESC tool, our problems are described there. The description does not describe how to load the firmware for the VESC6. Does anyone have experience with the tool and a VESC6 who can support me? Is Mike Maner still active and reachable? Greetings Daniel Gasch

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2022

Hi - sorry to be that guy, but I’m new and want to post a question (about my Slick Revolution controller freezing) but can’t see where to create a new topic, only where to reply. Can someone advise?

I could really use some help.

Last spring I purchased a LUX LX Electric Mountainboard. Its been working great, but I got a little too excited this winter on a powder day and decided to ride the untracked snow on the streets. So much fun! The board handled great, well so to say in the powder. Unfortunately, I got the controller wet and the battery expanded. Also unfortunately, the company that I bought the mountainboard from closed their doors. I’m not able to buy any replacement parts or get help from the company.
The remote is toast. Doesn’t stay on unless it’s plugged into the charger. I purchased the same looking remote the was listed as universal connection from amazon, god help me. It didn’t connect to the board though. I then tried to take the battery from the new remote and solder it into the original remote. That really didn’t work. I suck at soldering, is that even how you spell it?
Anyways, does anyone have any advice on how to get a new remote that’s going to be able to link up to the board, or am I going to have to get a new receiver and a new remote that are already connected?
-Thank You-