About 4wd build

Is it possible to connect Focbox Tanka to an Focbox unity to make it work for 4WD build? Or does the both have to be the same.

If both have same versions of firmware it should work as far as I know.

1 Like

Is the Tenka a single or dual ESC?

Its a Duel. Its from the same vendor.

The hardware is important, not vender

Torqueboards 4.12VESC and 6.64VESC should not all be hooked up on CAN bus so I hear.

Has anyone ever actually reported a problem doing that?

3 Likes

I am not sure. Havent heard or seen anything about it.

1 Like

I was hoping to draw in ā€œmaster buildersā€ like @DerelictRobot for an answer.

2 Likes

If you stay within specs of each esc (70a motor max for tenka) and (80a for unity) youā€™ll be fine. Iā€™m pretty sure the tenka has some components removed is why Iā€™m saying this after seeing issues going over 70a. But yes. Totally doable if you stay within both of their means.

Not a ā€œMaster Builderā€ here by any means. But Iā€™ve done some shit. :shushing_face:

7 Likes

Youā€™re definitely right here.

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to help out.

3 Likes

also imma drop this advice to u as well on 4wd building if u dont know this info already but, if both of ur vesc are connected to the same battery pack (cringe) u only need a 2 pin canbus wire so just the data wires on the canbus jst pin which are the middle wires. If your are doing a 4wd build with two vesc on seperate packs (big brain) u need a 4 pin in order to turn on both vesc from one power switch.

Also like others said dont canbus to completely different vesc together also id suggest maybe goin for makerX dv6 over tenkas just because of the shear unknown reliability and performance territory when it comes to tenka plus tenka preforms like a flipshit with its roughly 70a max output so if ur looking to dump more power id advise gettin a proper 6.0 vesc like DV6 or 60+d or trampa hd60t if ur budget can swing it.

Thnks for det info. I have to do some more research beboere i start the build.

1 Like

Is there any harm in using the 4 wire canbus when the two dual vescs share the same battery?

ohno

you bought from massive stator aka totallynotcompensatingforhavingatinystator statoršŸ˜°

what if you have 15 packs put into one same pack :rofl:

1 Like

Yes u can loop the power never use 4 wire canbus on 4wd if u have both vesc connected to the same pack (bleh) u only need twp pin aka the two middle wires of the canbus wires

1 Like

Omg XD