A special offer for our ES Motor controller based on the VESC 6

I have asked @BillGordon for permission already
Great news for all EU and UK people! We have talked it through with our shipping company and will be covering the tax for you guys. It may extend the overall shipping time by 2 days (so around 8 days in total).
Now onto the main topic of this post!
We want to know if anyone would want our dual ES controller (compatible with the VESC tool), for the price of £81.5 ($100) plus shipping, including the remote? All you must do is try it and write a review.
This promotion is to demonstrate our service quality, good shipping time, and great products. This is a very good deal for those who are looking for a 12s build or any light cruiser build, with 60A continuous and 300A burst.
It sounded like a good idea in my head but let’s hear from you guys!
Only 5 people can benefit from this promo, with some limitations:

1. The buyer will write a non-biased review of the controller, according to the listed features (don’t start testing it on a dual 13s mountain board build with 90A continuous discharge)
    Preferably have programmed a VESC before, limiting the user error factor. Also, best if you have a build nearly finished, just waiting on a controller.
  2. He/she doesn’t mind thumb remotes (uses them and likes them). The remote itself is comparable to the HW remote and feels nicer than the standard nano remote (personal experience) We understand that some of you stand by your trigger remotes, unfortunately, you guys will have to wait, we are working on it!
  3. If you are interested, please drop us a DM, we will choose the 5 reviewers. (more experienced builders with a build ready to test will be prioritised)
    Also if you want any other parts from our store, we can ship it all at once ( £500 or more for free shipping!)
  4. Finally, a disclaimer:
    Since we are not allowed to distribute our own custom bootloader compatible with the VESC 1.06 version, you guys will have to use the newest 1.25 VESC tool, there will be limited functions, (no reverse mode and battery level indicator). It works pretty much the same other than that. (The 1.25 smart reverse is quite decent!)
    Meanwhile, we are working on upgrading to use for 1.25.
10 Likes

@Brenternet a little video of the remote just for you!

I think I’ve used this remote actually. Pretty sure slick revolution used this between the original iwonder one and the new one with telemetry. It was decent.

Does that mean your esc could use the one with telemetry then?

1 Like

I don’t think so, since it is not a binerary remote. We are planning to release it as a stand alone vesc compatilble remote later as well

better? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Is the [quote=“Esk8supply, post:1, topic:9795”]
We have talked it through with our shipping company and will be covering the tax for you guys
[/quote]

Does that include import duty and is it only the ESC or all items in ur web store? Interested in the flipsky motor

Kind regards

1 Like

I’d be down. Looking for something to compare the Unity to at the moment.

1 Like

It would be the whole store, I have yet to change the shipping description on all product pages. Yay! More work for me :joy:

Does that include a comment about pricing :thinking: idk, could it be that you grown up on the marked? Seems to be in your blood to always just comment on pricing :joy:…sorry… :joy:

1 Like

What if i submit, buy the dual controller for 100 bucks, and decide to not do a review and just keep it because 100 quid for a dual vesc 6 based esc is a nice deal :smiley: purely hypothetical of course :wink:

1 Like

Well I will be a bit disappointed and might lose faith in humanity. The community will see one less review, which is a major catastrophe😂

2 Likes

Fully understandable! I sincerely hope, nobody does that :smiley: I mean i’m tempted but i am by no means some kind of expert like most others. Last time it took me roughly 3 hours to get my 2 vescs to communicate with each other via CAN (Haven’t touched it since) So i hope people with the needed Knowledge and resources hop in to make a good review.

1 Like

Thanks for understanding :+1:

Are you trying to avoid shipping to the U.S. or did you just not mention it by accident? I’m not really sure how much more price that would add to it off the top of my head but it sounds like a pretty nice deal, in exchange for a review.

1 Like

No, we are shipping internationally, the shipping cost will be $20. It is a really good deal, that’s probably why my dms are filled with requests. :joy:

1 Like

I’m super interested on testing this one out! I already saw this design presented on the ESBuilders forum and it seems pretty different from the other vesc 6 architectures : no drv8301, switch on/off for the logical par thus no need for antispark, remote seems to be hall effect so better than potentiometer ones etc.
I repair vesc and build batteries and boards for others in France, would definitely be interested in finding a great vesc and remote combo for my customers :slight_smile: I’ll send you DM if you need more info about me. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi man, I have chosen the 5 participants for the promo, I will let you know if someone changes their mind. :smiley:

@Esk8supply this guy @Booya is killing it in the French community, help a lot repairing all our fried stuffs like vesc, upgrade everything, built some sick builds, he’s like our Einstein for electronics here in France, he just put back to life everything and upgrade stuff very nicely. Really skilled guy, some of us like me met him at the Paris Cup this summer.
If ever you’ve got one slot for him i think he would be really helpful/useful for you and would make a really detailed review can give you ideas of how to make it even better etc. His opinion on esk8 parts (he actually tests almost every esk8 parts you can find on the market) really matters for us in the french esk8 community.
I really think he is THE guy to have for this kind of beta test.

4 Likes

noted! I might have to open a spot just for him haha

Welcome, Antonin! I matched your trust level with Builder’s, so you’re all set.

1 Like