A Slight Adjustment In Policy

That’s why I thought you were referring to Hummie. Apologies for my mistake.

3 Likes

If we get enough complaints about a vendor from enough people we’d probably start asking questions. Where it would go from there would be on a case by case basis I have to assume. However, we’re not going to conduct a bunch of investigations. We have lives. Don’t forget: you can flag somebody until they’re essentially dead on the forum.

Also I want to clarify again that threads holding vendors accountable are allowed in public. They simply have to stay civil and not expose confidential information such as private emails, private transcripts, transactional information, etc. If they do they’ll need to go to private messages.

“These parts are garbage, and this company’s service is terrible. Here’s why.” is fine as long as it sticks to the above.

7 Likes

Also I don’t care how many people you invite to those private messages.

4 Likes

Love this! Happy to help.

Small but potentially impactful suggestion:

• Make the first post more of a summary/tldr post once the thread grows longer than like 20 posts, so that the most important up to date info is at the start and not 150 comments down. The initiator of the thread could be the responsible to do so.

This would support the general goal of this policy change to make information easier to find.

4 Likes

If NBC can publish a transcript of Giuliani’s butt dial to their reporter, how then does it serve the community to limit free speech & punish whistleblowers for sharing the evidence of their victimization? This policy fosters a supportive environment for vendors to potentially take advantage of members here with little accountability for their actions.

1 Like

Like i said, if you can keep it civil and informative, i want it here. The rest of the quote:

Feel free to hold a vendor accountable, but if you do it in public, keep it civil. Otherwise invite 200 of your closest friends and tear into them privately with all the drama and screen shots and personal attacks you want.

2 Likes

There’s two sides to this coin and the new policies are here to stop the other side.

A person has little to lose really if they shout loads of tarp out on the forum and are incorrect. Perhaps some judgement from other users. A vendor however with negative reviews that are perhaps unjust has way more to lose.

The issue is that people are people and everyone has their own idea of what is fair and what isn’t. Some people get very touchy over small vendor inconsistencies and make a big noise, these are the ones the policies aim to limit, not real problems. Compound the above with longer lead times for vendors building things in thier garages to service the community in thier spare time, general buyers remorse in this landmine hobby (Shoutouts to my man B) and the huge range of ages and maturities represented here.

As long as the complaints and concerns are publicly cordial it wont take long for people to form a picture of how a vendor operates.

9 Likes

I’ve noticed this the last couple of days. I like it.

2 Likes

Bad start i guess

1 Like

@mmaner?

1 Like

deleted because there was already a thread on it, I had missed it.

2 Likes

Kicking the tires, they are here to look for marketing $ value.

I doubt their mission is to heal any community, rather buying a ready-made user base & transfer any of their insta-likers into further forum members, push in product from the store and yeah probably cute FB-style family-friendly safe dialogue.

It’s obvious Jason is poison and can’t get the space to run the platform, they could just be hired-in to help in fact, not even sure those guys work for FatDaddy, they look like a consultancy firm.

Good luck to them but rather stay here thank you very much.

4 Likes

Yup, and a whole lot of pre-qualified email addresses.

4 Likes

I mean if you’re going to make shill account to ask questions at least back date their membership and make a few likes off their a/c and even a reply of two

sheesh amateurs

4 Likes

They could use a slick operator like you over there. Did you know they’re looking for mods?

(Please don’t leave us. We love you.)

4 Likes

I mean I will whore for the occasional returned fatdaddy bushing Bill but don’t tell anyone

4 Likes

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum being a thing <3

6 Likes

Thank You for that. :pray: It is very important. Therefore on this forum is technically relevant information and no havings. Therefore is here cultural discussion and no Facebook “all knowing “ aggressors.

1 Like

Yeap, I do agree with you here.

1 Like