MakerX simple Anti-spark switch

Voltage: 8-60V

Current: 50A continue, peak current 750 A

Plug: XT60

LED Indicators: Support

Four High Current MOS (NVMFS5C612NL) Parallel Connections

5 Likes

Like the looks of this one. I still don’t trust anti sparks tho. Something makes me wanna try this one.

7 Likes

@YUTW123

Does this have a pre-charge circuit to limit inrush? If not, this thing will be just like the others we have already that burnout after a use or just a few.

2 Likes

Yes, it has

7 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

That’s great. All anti sparks ive used have gone out in 3 rides or less.

2 Likes

There are so many dead anti-spark switches out there, most of them start with the title “New Anti-Spark Switch”. You would be awesome to send a few out to builders and let them have a go, see if it can stand up to the punishment we throw at them.

8 Likes

thumb_i-volunteer-volunteer-as-tribute-quickmeme-co-26336880
Lolololz

7 Likes

Won’t let you down!

3 Likes

I double volunteer

1 Like

i am supposed to be receiving a sample from @YUTW123.

2 Likes

I’ve been testing a new antispark from Maytech. Got about 2 months of use and it’s been good so far.

2 Likes

This one?

3 Likes

Looks like the same one I blew in a week. Only turning it off and on maybe 10 times.

2 Likes

Yep, that looks like the one I have. I’m only on a 10s single drive setup, so that could be why mine hasn’t blown yet.

I’m still going the loopkey route until there’s an anti-spark that seems to last

1 Like

Just give it time. :wink:

I only run 10s everything.

4 Likes

Although that would be nice, I know first hand that even without free samples some people will bite the bullet and buy a few to report back, and before you know it everyone and their dog has an anti-spark. Why does my dog need an anti-spark???

1 Like

Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear. Pardon my newbness, but what is the primary cause for failure? Is it cycling it on/off when fully charged? Or does it typically blow during heavy acceleration/deceleration?

2 Likes

Both those reasons. Mine was simply turning it of and on. All the anti sparks we have don’t have a pre-charge circuit. When turning on the board there is a huge rush of current that like to make things go pop in our current anti sparks.