A longer motor mount or a shorter enclosure.

Basically I ran in to an issue, The enclosure that I got just barely fits my deck. So there is no room for my motor to be mounted under the the deck. My next option is mounting behind the truck, but the mount is to short to mount it that way. I am not sure if I should get a new enclosure( which is going to be expensive) or to get a longer motor mount. So by any chance that some one has one laying around that they are willing to part with that would be awesome.

My currant enclosure is around 25 x 9 inches (635 x 230)mm
I have a 10s4p p42a battery
my trucks are caliber 2 and I have a boardnamics mount
I live is south Florida.
I am also willing to trade (but I highly doubt that anyone wants to)
Thank you all for being such an amazing community!

What enclosure is it? I have an idea but it wouldn’t work for every enclosure lol

Ok yeah! Carefully cut it, if it’s not a clean cut it could end up ugly. Put one side on top of the other. Slide to the length you need, and epoxy/glue/tape it back together.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s a cheap enclosure and perfect for doing what Kai suggested :+1:

2 Likes

I was thinking of cutting out a slice out of the middle sliding the to sides together and putting the middle piece back on top and using a solvent to dissolve the abs a little to “glue” them together. How to Bond ABS Plastic Together | How to Repair ABS Plastic Easy | Automotive Repair Techniques - YouTube

2 Likes

Yes. Then sand it, use it as a buck, and put 3 layers of fiberglass on it.

1 Like

And people say making enclosures is hard.

3 Likes

What size wheels are you using? If it’s like 97mm and above you could get Boardnamics gear drive and because its a gear drive it could give you the clearance you need since it’s not as long

3 Likes

My wheels are 85mm

I feel like fiber glass is very daunting.

Yeah, I felt that way too. Wish I tried it sooner.

1 Like

I feel like making an enclosure is a bad first fiberglass project. Learn your way around the material a little first. I can lay fiber all day, but I wouldn’t be even a little confident that I could get an enclosure right within 3 tries.
That said, definitely a good thing to learn, if youve got cash to burn on education.