$99 Hoyt St. Midnight Puck - It's Here!

the color of the nylon goes all the way through. i can’t speak for the wooden pucks

1 Like

Ahh I thought it was wooden

My only substantive review… Is IT just fuckin works… all the time… every time… the case appears to be bullet-proof as evidence of @sesat’s scratched case… It’s a puck!, I’ve totally throw caution to the wind and “touched down” on my Midnight Puck case without nearly the evidence that Ram has… but honestly, when you’re coming off a board, really quick-like… it’s refreshing to know you can use the puck as a slide puck and still ride home afterwards!!

Big Shout out to @JJHoyt and the team… home run!!! I’ll be buying another and at least a couple of more receivers…

I just wanna know… with all the flashy lights/LEDs… why is there no remote battery status?

I just charge mine whenever I charge a board…

6 Likes

Working on that with the vendor now. Hoping we can get colors to identify SOC. More soon!

8 Likes

The nylon pucks are solid color pigmented. The amber bamboo pucks are also same color all the way through but the colored bamboo pucks are not.

3 Likes

Wood is a four letter word. They are bamboo and now also in nylon.

4 Likes

I learned this truth the hard way. :grinning:

7 Likes

any updated versions coming in the next couple months im looking to pick one up

1 Like

Just received the updated firmware today. We’re closed until 1/2 but will quickly test and, assuming all is in order, send out updates ASAP to those who want.

8 Likes

what’s updated in the FW?

and sign me up!

Lights will change color to indicate state of charge.

10 Likes

IN

let me know where I can get the firmware update… no sweat about this year brother… take the rest of the year off… I’ll be back in 'merika the 3rd of Jan!

3 Likes

@kook you’re loving it right? Once you go Hoyt you can’t go back

1 Like

yeah my pinky is healed… I “think” if the firmware @JJHoyt does SOC efficiently, Ill probably buy another puck and at least 2 more receivers… I’m 2 receivers in, and after a couple more weeks, I’ll finally pull the Kaly enclosure and pop a Hoyt receiver in there!

hey Jeff, how many remotes can I pair with a puck? If I have 5 receivers and 2 pucks, can I just grab and go on any one of the 5 with whichever puck i pick up?

I’m old and lazy and lose my remotes often…

BTW, is there the option in the future to have a “lost my remote” mobile app? I could activate it and have all the buzzy-buzzes and pretty light flashies till I find the gawd-damned-thingy or it’s batteries die…

5 Likes

That’s my boy

1 Like

Yes please for FW.

1 Like

Please make a trigger version some day in the future…

1 Like

When I use triggers my finger twitches and makes me go flying :joy: Thumb is much more forgiving!

5 Likes

the oposable thumb is what separates us as a species from the beast, and folk who live in the south…

8 Likes

Do you guys have any instructions or guide on how to install/swap cases? I can’t seem to figure out how to remove the black piece that holds the thumb wheel.

3 Likes