8S-14S 150A BMS Li-ion battery protection board specially designed for ESK8!

Hi,guys, I would like to introduce a BMS protection board to you, I hope this protection board can also satisfy you.
This protection board is 8S-14S 150A Li-ion battery BMS from MAXKGO company.
It can support battery pack of 8S, 9S, 10S, 11S, 12S, 13S, and 14S, and the continuous current can reach 150A. The most important thing is that its shape is designed to be very light and mini.

Size:1215012.8mm
Weight:244g

I think this is very suitable for ESK8 pack, the voltage and current are consistent with our ESK8 conventional pack, and it does not require us to prepare too much space for it.

3 Likes

How do the protection functions behave? As in, in case of over/under-voltage or over-current, will there be soft cutoffs so the board remains predictable?

3 Likes

I think most esk8ers would prefer a combo charge/discharge port as most of us bypass the BMS for discharge anyway, and a combo port can be used to power accessories

1 Like

This looks like a great option for people wanting a discharge BMS! Do you have any reviews from people who have used/tested it?

1 Like

What is the current draw if it’s left unattended for months?

2 Likes

10-35uA depending on state of the BMS (sleep vs active), taken from the store page.

The store page has lots of errors, so I wanted the manufacturer to answer the question directly.

BMS are no place for errors or oversights.

1 Like

Please don’t worry, the BMS with over-voltage / under-voltage / over-current protection function, and it will automatically cut off the input and output when it is over-voltage or under-voltage.

For example (14S PACK) overvoltage protection voltage is 58.8V, when the battery voltage exceeds 58.8V, BMS will cut off the input; (14S PACK) undervoltage protection voltage is 39.2V, when the voltage is lower than 39.2V, BMS will also cut off output.

This BMS is designed with separate ports, and the charging and discharging ports are separated. But if you want to use the same port to charge and discharge, P- is not connected, and only B- and C- can be connected to the same port to charge and discharge.

Even if it is left unattended for several months, the BMS will be fine.
Because this protection board has under-voltage protection, when the battery voltage is <39.2V (14S pack), the product cuts off the output to protect the normal storage voltage of the battery. But when the battery voltage is lower than 2-2.5V, the battery needs to be charged immediately. If the battery is not charged, the battery may be damaged.

Yes,the current of the protection board in the sleep state is less than 16uA, and the current of the protection board in the working state is less than 50uA.

We are currently making an application test of an electric skateboard with a 14S6P battery pack, and the related evaluation video will be released soon. At the same time, we are also actively looking for people who are interested in evaluating this BMS.

1 Like

no VESC communication ???

You know, if the BMS had shunts for over voltage shutting off might be viable, otherwise I’d rather push the extra current in a braking scenario into the cells than burning up the ESC.

1 Like