83-96mm motor? Looking for something a little more powerful than my old 80100 motor.

Hey everyone,

I’m looking around for a motor in the 83-96mm range, that’ll have more power than my 80100 motor that got too hot. I’m running 18s, and I was looking at something like the Reacher D90L96, but preferably senorsed and a bit lower than $675.

I’d appreciate any suggestions!

I’m super curious what 80100 motors are you currently running where you feel like having more power. esk8, I assume? What’s your controller? Motor amps?

For reference, I’ve got a board with 4x Reacher 7490 265kv motors (see here)
I also race with Jack, who wins pro-class races with two Reacher 7490 179kv motors, at 16s.

I’d be warry of using a water-cooled motor, as it won’t be designed to be air cooled and will likely overheat pretty quickly. (unless you install a watercooling loop on your board, which would be rad)

2 Likes

That board sounds insanely powerful, I would love to have something like that some day. Good to know about water cooled motors, I was wondering about running one only air cooled, but that’s probably not a great idea.

Sorry I should have mentioned earlier, it’s for a scooter, so I’m only running it with one belt driven motor. I’m about to order an X12 controller from Tronic and see how it performs, which should be fun.

Thanks again for the info!