80s Sandwich | Metallica Dogtown 80s | Blank Deck Enclosure | Independent 215mm trucks | ABEC 76mm | 12S1P 30T | MakerXDual | 5545 | Metr Pro

Make sure your remote has steez capability so you can ride forever in the bowl!!!

2 Likes

hell yes!

my teenage self would be stoked meeting current self, “you’re alive still?!”
i’m one of the younger ones in our bowl crew and and i’m 48, keep on keeping on…

2 Likes

I might rent this for an evening session to celebrate when I complete this build, it’s the insperation :smile:

It my only real local park but its pretty special by UK standards

5 Likes

Remote wise if the @Trampa wand arrives I will be using it if not I have a mini remote - both take AAA :slight_smile:

1 Like

That looks like heaven!!
and all nicely tucked away from all that wet rain stuff!

1 Like

Some hawgs would be dope on there

4 Likes

I always wanted to try these wheels

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/wheels/72684/76mm-ahmyo-akasha-cut-longboard-skateboard-wheels

This build of @Squishy654 was also insperation

Most of all I want to try my Venom Mach Ones, they are planned for my outlaw build but the more I think about it the more I suspect they might be an ideal eRamp wheel - that contact patch and they would cope well with landing at odd angles :smile:

4 Likes

some progress…

tracked down a set of 215 indy trucks, its funny how indestructible these feel - I forgot how much I loved these trucks :blush:

https://www.longboardsuk.com/independent-215-truck-single.html

ABECs and pulleys look perfect

5 Likes

i want to mod the hanger into a caliber 2 profile there is 2 flat sides and its not too far off

5 Likes

I tried the mach 1s on there, i don’t think its possible to get even dual xx55s in between them :frowning:

but these look SO MUCH FUN on some TKP :smile:

4 Likes

thank you @b264 for bringing my attention to this deck

its turning out really nice

needs risers

the scale is spot on

no wheels sticking out…

this looks just like an 80s deck, you would never know its e from the top :heart_eyes:

going to try and use independent hardware where I can :wink:

I quite like this wheels size, really looks like 80s analogue

looks really at home in guitar holder :smile:

EDIT: starting to think if I hide the mounds in my backpack I might be able to sneak this into our indoor skatepark undetected, I could at least get couple of lines done before I get thrown out he he :smile:

8 Likes

I’d almost go single drive just to use them venom wheels… or dual diagonal

2 Likes

It just occurred to me the Venoms pulleys are 12mm not 15mm would love the squeeze in dual 5055.

I think single might annoy me and dual diagonal is bound to make leaving the ground weird, if it was for commuting I’d be at least trying it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Time for an update…

some changes to the initial plan - biggest is the swap from dual FocBox to MakerXDual.

• Battery - down to 12s

After playing about with some N.E.S.E modules I really liked the idea of using them in this build for extra physical protection. Sadly they just take a little too much space -

length is almost workable

but this put me off, I would have to cut too much into the enc.to make it flat enough (~10mm is a deal breaker lol)

• Trucks

I’m so surprised these were so simply to modify, turns out these actually fit Caliber II profile - at a really weird angle but they are pretty well held in place with the grub screws. (nice side effect of installing upside down is they can’t drop down if the clamp screws fail)

before

after taking filing off a couple mm

more than happy with the clearance, I plan on filling any space around the clamp with JB Weld

I never expected to end up with something more trustworthy than Paris mounts after about 10 minutes of effort :slight_smile:

I have tried so many different mounts nothing was coming close to giving the clearance I needed until I managed to pickup some used 50mm torqueboards ty @PixelatedPolyeurthan

adding about 7mm of risers I have reasonable mount clearance - and most importantly I get wheel bite before mount bite :heart_eyes:

• Motors
    I was planning something 55 but there is simply not space - I had some used Racestar 5545 I was planning on using elsewhere, they fit so well

• VESC - MakerX Dual

the makerX dual fits so perfectly I almost don’t mind losing the 13s with the FOCBOXes

this is my new planned layout

• Enclosure

I’ve cut the enc. I have to admit I felt so bad destroying a deck before it had ever been used as a board - if I do this again the deck gets trucks and a quick ride round the block before getting chopped lol

still have to trim it but its almost fitting…

now to make it fit nicely with some cutouts and supports

and don’t worry @b264 I’ll be testing the enc by slamming it against a wall when its finally mounted :wink:

9 Likes

You are welcome for the mounts!

So are you just going to glue the nese modules? I actually don’t think the cells will be a problem getting hit with the cut deck and nese modules. Maybe add a bit of foam though in between. And the esc is going to be protected, how? or are you only riding in non-wet conditions and good roads?

NESE means cutting out too much from the enc. deck going to cut away space for cells and VESC into the enc. deck. with as much foam and stuff I Can

It won’t be ridden in the wet - this one is a little bit of an indulgence - an indoor skatepark build LOL
(still sounds nuts typing that)

2 Likes

lol
But that is still a great idea. Why did you not go hub though if you want to sneek it in parks?

Hubs are all just that little but too big , and the small china ones just don’t have the thane needed

1 Like

gotcha

update

I was thinking I needed some way to stop the motors and mounts getting a beating, I initially thought I’ll get @akhlut to help me make something alu I can use ‘just like the front part of that indy base plate’ occurred to just dremel one in half

ending up with something pretty much exactly as I imagined :slight_smile:

not really necessary at all but I like it

little tidying todo but I think this might just work :slight_smile:

EDIT: almost forgot the best bit I’m going to reuse the kingpin hole to hold the charge port :slight_smile:

12 Likes