75v/100v dual ubox fire

Again though, this is not my thread. It’s a reply post in a relevant thread (that has been thoroughly hijacked, sorry about that)

1 Like

Oh haha, my bad didn’t even realize. Hmm yeah not sure what to do in that case

1 Like

Another ubox fire @OzzysPaw?

1 Like

Yeah, I just created a topic about it…

Didn’t realize it had it’s own thread :joy:… I’ll move mine here in a sec.

2 Likes

Ok, so it was probably running something around 70-75 bat and 90A motor per side… But it was like that for about 3 months with no issues and some really hard riding… This time I started ripping up a hill and about 50 feet in the board cut out and then the wheels turned like they were stuck in mud… It wasn’t a normal fault… What should I look for in this autopsy?

2 Likes

A new vesc lol

2 Likes

how did your enclosure fare with the fire? salvageable?

2 Likes

There’s an informal list of fires further up in the thread here, if you want to add yours to it I made it a wiki

1 Like

There’s not much to look for, the fets are probably incinerated.

Has anyone seen any reported fires on the BioX version of the Ubox?

Been running one on 16S for a while so just curious.

2 Likes

Yup…

1 Like

Out of 250 units we sold or used, 2 reported stopped working without any visible damage, and one got smoke. The one with smoke we investigated and it was because customer resoldered the wires himself and it was a bad solder. Its the most problem free vesc we ever used.

5 Likes

Great to hear, Ive got a little over 650 miles on mine and been working fine running 80 battery and 100 motor amps per side.

1 Like

What did y’all do to make your ESCs more reliable than other spintends? What changes were made? Different firmware? More conservative current limits?

1 Like

Oh man, and I get shit at work when 2 out 10000 units fail xD

2 Likes

To be honest we did not do anything to make it more reliabel, only for it to handle a little more heat. Thicker pcb and a full aluminium case. Also different connectors.
I think most problems with ubox is because from vesc tool it was loading wrong firmware for some time if it was when 5.3 or 6.0 was out. But im not sure, maybe they just send me the best ones from QC or something xD

4 Likes

It’s the Flux AT2 kit and it held up really well I think… I’ll take a closer look at it tonight, but yeah I’m pretty sure it’s fine other than the all the nasty soot…

1 Like

Didn’t know phase braiding was a thing, could that or the zip ties have caused a short. Sorry for your troubles

4 Likes

I don’t see any 75v V2J versions in this list… They use different fets in that one… :thinking:
JMSH1001ATL_Rev2.1.pdf (329.1 KB)