6389 x 8 | quad unity/stormity | 12s/18s tattu | RedEmber 44

The first screech always makes me jump, no matter how many times I run detection :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks. Canbus tomorrow. I’m still gun shy from last time. I have all the cables made.

7 Likes

I did an insta live (amateur hour with a flexy camera mount).

It’s nerve racking to do the moment of truth (first power up) live. :grimacing:

7 Likes

When I first noticed, it was that very moment I decided that Mike and I would be married some day.

8 Likes

I’ll loan you my shotgun if you let me officiate. Gonna have to catch him first though.

6 Likes

Just wait till a left hand turn (my toeside turns are slow)

5 Likes

Goofy bro for life!

4 Likes

It spins!

https://vimeo.com/502868797

13 Likes

So, the question on everyone’s lips… do you have space for another four unities for the octomotor build? :joy: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

… I still have my lunch box. And only if @BuildKitBoards sponsors me so these orange oldtimers can retire to a nice little 2wd build somewhere.

8 Likes

Those long battery cables send chills down my back.

If I thought you’d be anywhere close to maxxing these out, I’d suggest adding a capacitor near each ESC, or at least the far-away ESCs.

But I think it might be fine, IDK

3 Likes

The Carbon GT enclosure never ceases to be hilarious every time I look at it.

2 Likes

The long cables also give me heartburn. I embiggened the enclosure depth and will have room for power wires to take the shortest path to escs.
(The wires will be shorter than original. )

7 Likes

@Arzamenable this is only tangentially related, but how would you explain the difference in ride between the RE44 with rkps and carver/mtb style decks with channel trucks - In terms of stability and in terms of turnyness. (to someone who has ridden neither)

2 Likes

TKPs…?

1 Like

True.

@Cyanoacrylate I’m not really good at describing the difference in ride feel.

I don’t try to push the speed on channels.

what’s considered pushing the speed to you?

Faster than 35mph on channels feels sketch to me. Some ppl are all about them, I didn’t skate obsessively on the them for nearly as long.

3 Likes

Not very exciting, but my enclosure volume doubled, and all my guts fit.

11 Likes

What the fuck wheels are those? Are you getting secret wheels now? Is everyone getting secret wheels?!

2 Likes