6389 x 8 | quad unity/stormity | 12s/18s tattu | RedEmber 44

The trouble is The fun part.

Also, I want to make it my way.

6 Likes

88mph is a back to the future reference.

I want to take off from a dead stop with gut punching acceleration.

14 Likes

This is pure gold build of the century masterial. And you are just crazy enough to fucking make this basket case happen.

7 Likes

If the man says he is doing 8 motors, he is mounting 8 motors. I have no doubt the mad Dr. is gonna be screaming down the San Diego streets, drag racing cars and not giving a fuck!!!

13 Likes

23 Likes

If the man says he’s running 8 motors then he’s gonna run 8 motors at full throttle and say it’s not enough torque :love_you_gesture:t3: The moment I read the thread name I knew it was Mike :joy:

9 Likes

Hey, I was reading that!

5 Likes

I want @akhlut to make me a trailer mount so I can pull things, like fat dawg. But that’s icing on the cake.

After it goes, then I focus on the extras.

15 Likes

Look at that baby. I love pitties

1 Like

But that’s only 4 tentacles :thinking:

4 Likes

That big ol pit is the shit!!!

1 Like

I really hope this isnt an April fools joke!

5 Likes

I was thinking that too but mike wouldnt do that to us.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re the real thing. It was just an apple-pen-pineapple moment of octo-madness.

1 Like

Not an April fools joke.

Would have been great to say “6 motors” and then come back, like “psyyyyych, what am I nuts? 8 motors.”

Golden opportunity missed.

15 Likes

Dude. This is epic. Following this thread intently to see what crazy shit you cook up.

Dam those look really well done, you must’ve spent a lot of time on those or something… :kissing_heart:

1 Like

If this craziness work you sir will my undying respect and unlimited supply of virtual tacos :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:

4 Likes

Do it!

For power transmission, a single belt is suboptimal, even if it were like 30mm wide - you have fewer tooth engaged on all pulleys. Better use two belts and a wide wheel pulley (potentially with a divider between the two belts).
If space is an issue - use chains.

6 Likes

the “overdrive” build on the old forum
Check it out for high power details.
Like tire traction calculations to make sure you dont just spin out every time, etc

iirc, he used go kart tires

4 Likes