6374 vs 6354 190kv flipsky motor

I’m wondering if the flipsky 6374 190kv motors are that much better than the 6354 190kv motors. I’m a lot wondering because the 54’s are cheaper. Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is the wrong category

1 Like

Always go for the biggest ones your hanger will fit :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I’m far from an expert but “better” is very relative. The type of build (commuter, high speed, all terrain) will dictate a lot of your choices. If it’s intended to be a street board running thane wheels, my experience has been that 2 x 6354 is plenty of motor. I’m a big dude (230 lbs w all gear) and they rip me up hills on a mediocre esc and stay pretty cool.

What kind of build are you planning?

1 Like

I want to make a board that can climb hills easily and have plenty of speed like around 40mph(not that I’d ever go that fast) and have plenty of torque and climb hills 30-40% grade at most I have some pretty steep hills near me. But I could compromise for like 35mph and 30% hills if I had too. I’m going to run 105 cloud wheels

why is GOD asking such questions?

wouldn’t an esk8GAWD just know?

6 Likes

Wheels would be urethane or pneumatics?

Edit: I see the 105 cloudwheels. Imo, 6354 motors is plenty provided you have a decent esc and a battery that can do 60 amps continuous with 12 cells in series. How your board performs has a lot more to do with the battery, controller amd gearing than which 63mm motor you choose… Unless you’re using big fuck you pneumatics then the motor def matters.

I think there is a dramatic underestimation of the power of dual 6355 (or 6354)

I’m fat and dual 6355 rips me around like it’s nobody’s business

This. So much this.

6374 are heavy af but they will run cooler.

And of course, the obligatory, if you’re going to buy from flipsky then realise there’s probably a 50% chance you will have to buy it again. Buy cheap, buy twice.

You’d be much better off with high quality 6355 than with cheap/flipsky 6374

1 Like

Ok thanks I’m going to use a 12s4p of molicel 42a’s and a fsesc 4.20 so I should be good

@Esk8god1 he’s very right…

Brian, the newer motors look decent tho no? Thought u had said some good things about their battle hardening and construction… I could be imaging it tho.

What would be a good brand if flipsky isn’t?

I had really good luck with my torque board 6355s. Putting some of Dex’s 6380s on my mtb build too.

3 Likes

I would say they make some stuff that’s pretty good- their remotes are generally considered good. Their controllers are a crap shoot tho. A lot of them are DOA or fry very quickly. Some of them run for years without issue albeit at conservative settings. If you’re running a 12s you can’t run a 4 series flipsky. Might get away with the 6.6 tho. Do some reading about the new esc’s coming out. Stormcore, Torqueboards etc… If you’re gonna run a sick battery w Molicel 42a, you might as well grab a good controller. I plan on running that same battery w a unity for e.g.

And what @b264 said. If you have to buy Flipsky, do it from a reseller that will take care of you if shit goes sideways cuz they’re infamous for their shoddy post-sale service

1 Like

I don’t know; I have two flipsky 6354 I got from @J0ker and I rebuilt and battle hardened them, and one of them them kicks ass. I think it might be the older one. The other one sucks asshole.

2 Likes

Ok so I found a focbox unity, torqueboards 6355 motors and torqueboards nano remote

Yep to the first 2 parts. I have no knowledge of the TB nano tho altbough I’m sure @b264 can fill you in.

Seems like you should prob do some more reading before you dive down the diy rabbit hole, friend. This your first build?

And this is not to sound condescending but it’s a lot harder to put a build together than you think. I’ve been collecting tools and parts for 6 months and am in the midst of my first diy now. I started with this kit which is a great stepping stone to the diy world:

1 Like

Not my first just want to get good quality parts this time and double checking in a real forum. My first board was a hub motor one with cheap Chinese parts and if I’m going to spend actual money I just want to make sure I’m getting the right things

1 Like

Cool brother. As long as you’re mechanically inclined and comfortable soldering have at it. The Noob thread is super helpful. Who’s building your pack?

1 Like

I’m making the battery myself that’s the only thing I done a lot of research on and I’ve already build one before so I know I can do it.

3 Likes