6374 vs 63100 motors whats the diff?

If someone wants to compare the motors, all we need is the motor xml and the no load current at 75% duty. Nothing should be attached to the motor during detection and the no load test run.
Detection should be done with phase filters, so you need a proper HW with such a feature.

No load test: Type 0,75 into the left lower corner next to the D:
Press the play button and open the RT Data window. Note down the current consumption.
Then type that value into Motor Settings>>Additional Info>>Motor No Load Current
Also add the pole count (14 magnets in this case).
Export Motor XML, so that you can load it into the motor comparison tool.
You can then load two motors and click on any value you are interested in.

Top left you can adjust to TORQUE and define a RPM and MAX TORQUE (here 6.0Nm and 6500RPM).
Highlight values of interest (here efficiency and losses for both motors)
Right click into the graph will allow you to define a Gray line for the measurement at a specific torque or speed (depending what the graph plots for you). In the example above: at 2Nm.

3 Likes

I can confirm those results with some testing I did a while ago

The biggest issue I find is poor assembly on those bigger motors, if you haven’t opened the motor yet, I recommend doing it, removing the big can bearing and reseating properly, is like 99% of the motors they install the bearing crocked and not fully seated, doing that managed to lower que no load current quite a bit, but nowhere close to what I expected for just a bit more stator length

1 Like

That motor runs very smooth. No sign of a funny bearing. But we can try to improve that a bit.

2 Likes

Ah good to know, also bearing seal type makes a huge difference in no load losses

Were they any better than outrunners for esk8 purposes?
Is the small amount of poles an issue?

Those were not comparable. For watercrafts…

I emailed Flipsky asking about this thread and here is what they said:

"After checking with our engineers, here the below FYI.

As the motor 63100 is bigger with bigger stator and higher iron core, the efficiency loss for high KV under low torque 1Nm. Generally speaking, if in high torque test, the motor 63100 should have higher efficiency than smaller motors due to smaller resistance and copper loss.

Regarding the comparison results, abnormal phenomenon maybe:

1. The testing 63100 motor happens not so good and the no-loading current is high.

2. Please check the motor phase wire length. For a motor with relatively high KV and current, if the wire is too long, the voltage drop will be obvious. The resistance of 63100 is smaller, and the voltage drop will be greater which lead to a decrease in efficiency.

3. Drive compensation under small loading. The small motor with higher efficiency for small stator.

Thank you
Best regards,
Ariel
flipskytech@outlook.com
Tel: +86 076982816997 / 13925798346
https://flipsky.net
https://flipsky.en.alibaba.com"

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? In March of 2024, almost 2 yrs later, does anyone know if flipsky has made any upgrades to their 63100’s? I believe most of us, even after seeing this post, would still choose the bigger motors in our personal boards unless more info came out in 2024. I feel this test result may happen from time to time but not the majority of the time so its a bit of a crap shoot.

3 Likes