6.5 Inch for Pushing

@Mikenopolis Should be illegal because it gets you faster than 6km/h (~3mph).

I’d go for 6” pneumatics if possible if OP is set on pneumies for a push board. I would imagine it would need a huge drop otherwise it’s gonna take alot of effort to push and to foot brake cause of the weight from the hubs too when they get rolling lol

1 Like

Agreed, bergmeisters would fit in nicely here. A bit pricey but definitely worth it when you consider it comes with tires and tubes as well.

1 Like

Will they handle high pressure though? I had pretty noticeable rolling resistance on mine, wouldn’t reccomend unless commuting on actual grass or dirt

I wouldn’t recommend pneumatics at all for pushing unless you need them for terrain. Given that these are the smallest pneumatics available atm, they’ll have the least resistance of all pneumatic options.

1 Like

Maybe there are larger wheels with a slimmer contact patch? Like bicycle tires meant for highways :stuck_out_tongue: But I agree, Bergs probably are the best out there, weight is a factor too ofc.

Not sure how you would be able to foot brake a push board with pneumatics over grass lol I’d say this is already pushing mtb territory and you’d start considering brakes and straps. You’ll just end up with an mtb at that point :laughing:

I would try and go for any wheel thats upgradable to esk8 and 85mm and below. Because pushing on 110mms would be very shit

1 Like

My friend has a longboard with Bergs and drop through trucks, it’s not awful to push but it’s definitely an awkward height and the rolling resistance is an absolute bitch (front leg is always bent and you’re always pushing)

1 Like

You’ve tried Magnum wheels, do you think those are a good candidate for casual riding? Only thing that worries me is the chunking, wouldn’t want to buy those for a friend who wouldn’t ride them in.

1 Like

I havent had the chance to try them

Ive tried speedvents and they are amazing but like £90-100 from sickboards so not worth it for casual stuff

I mean for casual stuff go with anything you can get your hands on at a decent price… which is cagumas

1 Like