50mm motors disadvantages?

I was trying to make a “cheap” quattro with them … but didn’t finish it … maybe next winter ^^

7 Likes

I will be doing some science with the 5065 racestars 140kv and 245 kv motors in a few weeks on a 4x4 build.

3 Likes

2 Likes

On the far other end I will be doing a single 5065 and abusing the shit out of it

5 Likes

That sounds fun :laughing:

1 Like

I look forward to this.
I run 5065 140Kv on my Gtx.
Mine only get warm and I ride Gt mode only since I live on a hill that is 19% in one section and tapers to 16% in .3 miles.
And I usually hold it about 13 mph going up to prevent the battery to sagging a bunch.

Atm since im waiting on the the 140kvs to get here i went ahead and tested the 170kv with the 245kv ran foc set up through the Ack vesc tool on both and then contacted over canbus. So far so good. The 245kv motor seams to top out a half sec later than the 170kv. Surprisingly the 245kv turns over first but thats most likely due to the traction control being on and possibly i need to reverse the master and slave but thats where i am so far in my research.

2 Likes

I was going to bigger motors but decided not to.
The 5065 have been good to me.
I’m currently building a 10s5p pack with vt6’s
And I have a gear drive coming for them as well.
I’ll be updating my esc’s in the future as well.
I know my limits and at my age I don’t need to go 40+MPH.
I’ll be happy with more range and top out about 30MPH.

1 Like

Does anyone know a good mount for 50xx motors? I’m planning to use BKB and calibers because they are short and fixed angle but I will get stuck with 1/2” risers

Enertion clones are the best ive found yet for caliber trucks.
The bkb mount i have is 63xx only.

1 Like

Got a source for cheap enertion clones?

I am using evolve 5065 150kv motors on my trampa mountain board. Running 35a per motor I have never had an issue with it being under powered or motors getting hot. That said I am geared to stay under 40kph (25 in the old measure).

Nope… one place in the eu is all i know of

1 Like

Honestly, I think most people went to 63mm(6355 to be exact) motors so they could fit two on a normal caliber truck. 6355 and 5065 should be roughly the same performance wise.

Slight edge ofcourse to 6355 because its a tad bigger.

At $40 a motor you really can’t beat the bargain of a 5065 motor. Especially with the variety of wide trucks out there now.

1 Like

Oh rip for cheap. I can use 63xx mounts as long as it’s a short fixed forward mount that doesn’t need more than a 1/8” riser

I had to find short mounts to fit my riptide for 50xx motors.
I tried alot of stuff. The enertion mounts were perfect honestly.

1 Like

What risers do they need for clearance on a flat deck?

Hard to say since im using adjustable baseplates. They are a bit taller than normal.
Probably about the size of a riptide tunnel riser? Maybe less.

Would it be shorter than a BKB?

Im pretty sure. I have one somewhere.