50mm motors disadvantages?

Enertion clones are the best ive found yet for caliber trucks.
The bkb mount i have is 63xx only.

1 Like

Got a source for cheap enertion clones?

I am using evolve 5065 150kv motors on my trampa mountain board. Running 35a per motor I have never had an issue with it being under powered or motors getting hot. That said I am geared to stay under 40kph (25 in the old measure).

Nope… one place in the eu is all i know of

1 Like

Honestly, I think most people went to 63mm(6355 to be exact) motors so they could fit two on a normal caliber truck. 6355 and 5065 should be roughly the same performance wise.

Slight edge ofcourse to 6355 because its a tad bigger.

At $40 a motor you really can’t beat the bargain of a 5065 motor. Especially with the variety of wide trucks out there now.

1 Like

Oh rip for cheap. I can use 63xx mounts as long as it’s a short fixed forward mount that doesn’t need more than a 1/8” riser

I had to find short mounts to fit my riptide for 50xx motors.
I tried alot of stuff. The enertion mounts were perfect honestly.

1 Like

What risers do they need for clearance on a flat deck?

Hard to say since im using adjustable baseplates. They are a bit taller than normal.
Probably about the size of a riptide tunnel riser? Maybe less.

Would it be shorter than a BKB?

Im pretty sure. I have one somewhere.

Looks like they are about the same length, but the enertion one has more adjustment and isn’t at a fixed angle

1 Like

Okay cool, where are you supposed to get them?

@deckoz @ZachTetra we still have some 50mm mounts. They are pretty short. Shorter than standard. They are 21mm bolt to bolt though. Too many different mounting patterns for 50mm.

4 Likes

Forgot i posted a link earlier.
I’d try the @torqueboards ones tho.
I only went with these because i traded parts for them. Otherwise i was gonna try TB ones next.

1 Like

I measured the Racerstar bolts at 26.5mm center-to-center in case anyone is wondering

The hole to hole on the edge of the square?

In theory it should be 1.4142*(38mm/2)=26.87mm

The orthogonal measurement, not the diagonal.

If the resistance is doubled the heating will be doubled, for a given acceleration.

2 Likes