5 feet Longboard What would you do

Hello I’m getting a second hand 5’ Kahuna Creation Longboard. I’m looking to give it power. What would you do. All sensible suggestions welcome.

2 Likes

@Riako has abuild on that deck (or simlar), pics are down but there is a thread on builders about it.

1 Like
2 Likes

4wd meepo hubs.
BETTER than a board that’s better than a Lacroix
:joy:

Seriously, small wheels or bust. Wheelbite is going to be a problem with that deck.

4 Likes

12s40p.

6 Likes

I built a 60" once. I’ve since taken it apart. I have the deck still though…

I recommend limiting top speed to something … very low … like 15mph 24(km/h) and so giving it lots of torque. Single drive probably fine. Use the lowest gear ratio and motor Kv you can find.

If you need some Electric Flywheels PM me

These work well for a cruiser for dorking off on. Not so well for commuting. For commuting they are more similar to an ebike — you have to park them outside

Another problem is these decks have so much flex. Maybe send it to @Sender first

2 Likes

@KaramQ come show us your big ass board

1 Like

@Dirtynunfishing how did you know…

8 Likes

I think @linny is like the master of this sorta thing…

Ahh this was so much fun to do…

I don’t know if that deck would flex or not, but you have so much space for battery cells.
If it does flex, you can get a good quality castor wheel and have it in the middle. Use risers to adjust the height so its the same as your front and rear trucks.

10 Likes

These decks have way too much flex for that unless you give them a carbon fiber belly

it flexes… it’s only held together by a layer of duct tape on the bottom and the wrap lol

2 Likes

Hypertrucks. :exploding_head:

Wobble Tech :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes