4WD VS 2WD question..

god that’s fast. Why do you need to go that fast? Crazy bro

2 Likes

Because i like it and because i also go to work on it.
One of the main reasons why i didn’t go for a prebuilt trampa is because even with all the parts picked towards speed it’s still limited to 51km/hr.
Meanwhile on a diy i can gear for 90km/hr no problems

Update:

New board
New case
Barrels

Just put the barrels on and they don’t turn at all. I got then from China 70a but they are way too hard. 65mm also. Trampas are 63mm. But even if I blow 2mm off the top they are way too hard

Prob close to $2000 now

Wish I got the 6374s as some hills I feel I lack some power

And maybe better trucks. The motor mounts are solid but dunno if I could switch up to matrix trucks with the same mounts

And wish I had gotten 9 inch wheels. 8 inch seems small now lol and they cant handle big rocks well

The Bro is a beauty

The barrels I got suck ass

Wondering if I should invest 100 in trampa barrels or if it will be a waste without good trucks

2 Likes

Well well well, we’ve got a very similar build😂

Apart from battery, motor and ESC

Have you got any luck with the diy barrels?
One of my friends also got these trucks with genuine trampa barrels but it wouldn’t turn without bindings at all.

Also these motor mounds are absolute garbage, I’ve broken 2 already, they’re made of really soft aluminum. So be careful.

1 Like

At what settings do you have your Vesc? Did you just leave it at the default detection Values or did you increase it. 4x45A should not be tooo bad. You originally did not want to go fast so you can change the gearing to get more torque.

Do your Motors get very hot? If not you could upgrade your Vescs to get more motor power. Quad 6355 should be very powerful if setup right.

1 Like

Get the trucks and choose as an upgrade the barrels. Make sure you get the ones made for electric mountainboards as they have a square cut profile at the ends. I’m running inner front outer back on a haero deck and it’s perfect. I can turn in 2 lanes, where i couldn’t with any other skateboard before, and i still run 60-65km/hr for long distances

1 Like

I left it at the default detection, and only changed battery settings to 45a. So 45x4 as you said.

You’re right, if I had better vescs I could up the current. The mostemp in vesc app shows 50 degree Celsius when pushing the board pretty hard up hills, and motor temp around the same. How much temp is acceptable before bad things can happen?

Motors are just warm to the touch. A higher vesc should increase the power right? what if I up the current to 50a/vesc? would that be dangerous?

yeah dude I think these trucks have less space for barrels. The diy barrels I got were to spec 63mm but trying to fit em in the trucks was impossible even with 2 300lb clamps. So I basically cut them by 7mm and then they fit. The problem now is that when I turn the barrel is so short that my makeshift retainer almost comes out xD I’ll share a pic later

But atleast it turns better than with the stiff springs I had

I think if the shore rating was less than 70a, 60a, then a longer barrel would be ok in these springs and they would compress nicely, and not come out of the retainers as much when turning.

I got some kaly barrels and retainers in the mail and I got the soft soft pack so I can swap em up and combine with the diy ones

thanks for the good tip. Maybe I will do that at some point. I just got the kaly barrels because I wanted the softer pu so we’ll see.

Love the clean truck and color configuration of your truck, it’s so refreshing

Slight turn

The washer came off yesterday as I did a tight turn holding onto the handles enclosure but atleast the barrel didnt come off as the bottom retainer is actually held by a screw unlike the top retainer which sticks to the barrel hence the issue

Thats the bottom. I just put in cable sleev yesterday. It was so ugly before

If you ever wanna go overkill, the megastar rims are pretty nice too

1 Like

The default temperature limits are generally safe. You’ll lose acceleration before you cook anything and in worst case, braking as well (if you somehow still produce heat with no acceleration, like braking down a very long hill).

I get my 63100 motors at 80° and vescs at 60°. I expect after i upgrade to aps motors to keep both at 60° in similar conditions so i will push harder.

Also, those barrels are not going to last…

You should change the motor current to ±45A battery current is Fine at like 35A

Yeah dude those look slick as f

Well in that case I’m not pushing it hard enough. Once the summer gets here tho

I got motor current at 60A. Battery at 45A

went 2wd for a while and now im back to 4wd. 4wd is better if anyone cares

2 Likes

So there’s this annoying hill I’m trying to go over… and I am thinking to put my 4.12 flipsky vescs, which I’ve abused at 50a battery current max, and have not died on me yet, to 55a or 60a…

Im on 4wd with 6354s and 4.12 50a vescs fyi. Right now the vescs temp dont go over 50c. Is it all just a matter of managing temperature? Say, if I increased to 60a battery current max and the vesc heats up to 70c, then it’s still ok, right? as long as it doesn’t get “fried”. Or is it a matter of absolute current that can’t flow the electronic components or it will get fried?

Has anyone gone passed 50a on them and lived to see another ride? I am curious. I am willing to splurge on some better vescs if things go wrong, but I’d also like the comfort of knowing everything will be ok…

Can anyone chime in on this?

You seem to know that this isn’t going to end well. Buy better (or higher voltage) components, and save yourself the headache and injury that comes with nuking your ESC.