40mph gear drive setup?

Ive had my first DIY board for a week and i already want more speed, preferably something that can get my 180lbs self up to at least 40mph. I live in Illinois so its pretty flat around here so hills and torque arent a big concern. Current board is a TB DD 75kv (wanted the 90kv but it sold out as i ordered it and i settled for the 75kv), Stormcore 60D+, Boundmotor 12s4p Panasonic 21700 battery, on Tb110’s. I shied away from belts for my first board because i didnt understand them and my previous board was a Bustin Dualomo so i was kinda used to the HUB style of eskate, but now i see that if i want more speed i need to get something with belts/gears. I was looking at building a 2:1 gear ratio belt drive with Boardnamics 6384 and TB mounting but saw BN’s gear drives for the first time and fell in love right away. I was thinking about getting the Dual Drive M1’s https://boardnamics.com/product/m1-drive/?attribute_wheel-type=Kegel&attribute_hanger-adapter=184mm%2F220mm&attribute_gear-type=Straight+Cut

with the 2.2 gear ratio gears and put them on BN’s 220mm hanger and toss that on my existing TB 35 degree baseplate, then put BN’s 6384’s on it. Do yall think this would get me up to 40mph? My current board will go ~31mph ( i have it 5 amps under the motor max cos im a vesc tool noob and didnt wanna crank the motor all the way up right away so it might go a tiny bit faster). Ive used the esk8 calc and stuff and keeping the same efficiency as my DD setup it only got like 4 more mph top speed. I really like what gear drives have to offer over the belt drive but its kinda looking like i might have to just go belt driven if i want that extra speed, unless you guys know of any gear drives that can give me that extra oomf! Thoughts and comments appreciated!

See if you can get a higher gear ratio, or opt to get 200 to 210kv motors. Thatll get you up to speed. Using a big wheel like the 110s or Zoobombs will help too

1 Like

im not sure the 6384s will clear on 220mm hangers with geardrives

2 Likes

Only with the previous version adjustable baseplate.

IIRC 12s 190kv 2.2 gearing with 110mm thane is right about 39-40mph weighted

2 Likes

So their current adjustable baseplates wont clear?

No they won’t, I’ve tested it recently. You can message kevin if he has any of the model that fits 6384s on 220s left.

1 Like

Where can i find 200-210kv motors? Ive been looking but cant find anything

at that point youd prob have to custom order motors. that 12s4p boundmotor battery is going to struggle very hard to get you up to speeds like that.

1 Like

really? thought the battery was pretty good. what battery would you recommend? probs will just wait till next season and make a whole new board and just enjoy what i got right now.

that battery can only output like 35 amps before it sags into the floor. the same pack with p42a can easily output 100 without sagging through the floor

1 Like

damn really? i had the option to get p42a but chose this Panasonic one because it had better capacity. Learned something valuable i guess lol

my boardnamics drives/BN 6384s with 7 inch pneumies tops out at about 37mph as I currently have it… could certainly squeeze it to 40. def sticking to thanes?

@jsunlol if you get a set of the new adjustable baseplates I’m down to trade for a set of the older ones. Can confirm they definitely allow 6384 on BN220 trucks as I had this as my old setup.