40" Drop Deck TB40

@torqueboards any pics of the fiber glass enclosure? I already put my order in for one, but not positive what it will look like. Or will it look same as abs one ?

1 Like

Guess I will try something, I also pmd @BigBen.

Edit: The ESC Hump isnā€™t even my biggest problem, itā€™s the holes in your enclosure. I get that they fit perfectly with your parts, but talking about water for example: I only have a charge portā€¦

What do you mean enough sidewall? To mount a screen?

Edit 2: Arenā€™t there enough diyā€™ers then that want a ā€˜freshā€™ start with an enclosure?

2 Likes

@subarucasey Iā€™ll post it once we get it finalized.

@Jamie42 Yeah, if enough people want it sure. We can offer it or someone else can. As far as sidewall the sidewall is only about 5-8mm. You can barely mount anything on it. Thatā€™s why that section is a little taller to be able to fit the components.

1 Like

Just curious, how many poeple youā€™d need?

1 Like

@Jamie42 If you can get 20 people. We would obviously need an entirely new mold for what youā€™re asking. But itā€™s doable.

6 Likes

pre-ordered mine! Canā€™t wait!!!

3 Likes

Testing the deck enclosure but changing a few things to improve and build a more solid setup. This sample isnā€™t the final version but will be similar - it is a prototype.

Will be pretty sweet! Thereā€™s barely any thickness to the actual enclosure. Because of the cavity itā€™s also real easy to install everything. Also just debating on going with the fiberglass enclosure.

More then enough room to fit the new escs, huge BMS (if you wanted), single stack 12s4p with some space to spare for wires, bluetooth adapters, etc.

14 Likes

What about a 10S5P?

1 Like

@b264 If you can fit itā€¦ You probably can. 650x148x15

But Iā€™d prefer 12s4p or 12s8p more simple/easier less wide.

Havenā€™t 100% tested but you can/should be able to fit a 20700/21700 12s4p/12s8p with ease also.

@Pedrodemio I did check the cutout and it isnā€™t 100% flatā€¦ It is slightly curved unfortunately. Just FYI.

2 Likes

Hummie was also offering a lifetime warranty on hubs he wouldnā€™t even make money on soā€¦

@torqueboards

Love you. Missed this thread somehow. Youā€™re killing it.

9 Likes

@SeanHacker Yupā€¦ unfortunately canā€™t race to the bottomā€¦ We unfortunately need support to continue building upwards. :+1::pray:

13 Likes

Iā€™ll be rocking this deck soon. :wink:

7 Likes

Goddamn right, donā€™t worry no one is going to be getting a hummie deck anytime soon anyway

6 Likes

he Said he placed the order already he should be getting them like next month.

@Kellag If only it was on amazonā€¦ lol

Not only thatā€¦ Iā€™m mostly referring to everything. But thatā€™s a longer storyā€¦

@SeanHacker :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

@Tamatoa decks should be done within that time frame but the enclosures may be pushed a bit further as weā€™re trying to make it 100% form fitting and make everything else easy to setup. Itā€™s unfortunate but overall it will be better.

5 Likes

Oh yeah Iā€™m with you donā€™t worry, Iā€™m on my way to take out hummie for you rn, thatā€™s what a real fan does @Underoath888

2 Likes

Lol I got no funk with hummie. Heā€™s a good catā€¦ :cat: You can be a true fan and toss those foamies :rofl:

6 Likes

I still havenā€™t gotten my set of torqueboards foamies :smirk:

1 Like

I still want to get a Hummie deck tho, maybe when @torqueboards finally sells his, people will get rid of theirs.

2 Likes

BTW Got some 74A Iā€™m testing may test 72Aā€¦ @Kellag Will try to the end of the earth and will need a video of you burning some foamies. :rofl:

4 Likes