40" Drop Deck TB40

I really put my tb40 through its paces on the weekend doing 2 * 30km + rides. My main board is a DD DKP, so the tb40 with RKP set up in dropthrough is a magnitude more stable at speed. Foot fatigue is more an issue due to its lack of flex and lack of shock risers. But not a deal breaker. My only other complaint is the weight mine is likely heavier than most as routed a channel in sides and added pixel strip lights and filled with epoxy then 4 layers of epoxy on top the 6384 motors add to the weight. Have to lug it around a mall/pub for 40 mins my arms nearly fell off. I suspect it’s around 16kg or 35 lb dispite its weight it’s not sluggish Acceleration is strong and smooth and had it up to 66km/h not the max. Adding a heatsink to the stormcore has fix it’s overheating issue. I hope the next version had a bit more flex and looses a few pounds. I am looking at building one for my wife. Enclosure is super tight with a 48 cell 21700 pack, 2 bucks (5v + 12v), 2 esp32, stormcore, tilt sensors, metr pro can.

6 Likes

Good share, as I’m going to get mine on the road as soon as I recover. Stability will be very welcome at that point.

3 Likes

So have these been discontinued? I’m looking for a deck and enclosure combo and this seemed like a good option.

3 Likes

Think you have to message @torqueboards directly for them, but yes, the version 2 is reallllyy nice. I just sold mine to @PedroMcJimenez

3 Likes

Where is dex dude he’s never on here anymore

7 Likes

Probably on a beach sipping a margarita :rofl: @torqueboards

5 Likes

I thought you were doing all his dirty work you moved on to the mountain board stuff :joy:

2 Likes

lmao we’ve been doing some other things outside of esk8 :chart_with_upwards_trend:

But yeah switching my build to just mountainboard. I have a lot more fun on dirt and trails than I do on streets!

3 Likes

End result has no flex
16S3P P42A pack
Top Speed 87Km/hour
7wh/km average
Happy with the result yes.
Wasn’t happy about being dicked around for seven months then having to pay way more extra postage.
Side Lights are routed into the side under led defuser then covered with epoxy. The tb110 glow at night.

15 Likes

Your such a pimp :sunglasses:
awesome build :star_struck:

2 Likes

What esc?

Stormcore 100D was going to swap out for my splitend but it’s super tight in there.
Todo.
MBS AT wheels (waiting on bearing adaptor)
Double stack battery. 16S5P
16s vs 12s everything runs cooler, topspeed is insane with loads of torque. Would I do another 16s maybe but 12s will be my bread and butter for future builds
Motors.

Board has 2 set of motors.
6384 190kv battle hardened (Street)
6374 140kv (AT, hilly street)

3 Likes

the motor wont run any cooler though and also the further youre riding from the no-load top speed the more the switching the esc has to work and less efficient. i think with higher voltage the motor itself also gets a bit hotter too as the waveform sent to the motor is less smooth.

7 Likes

I would like to here what @Skyart says he’s on the big S train and has been testing them pretty frequently lately :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This beauty really deserves it’s own build thread, love the look :heart_eyes:

I would for sure nominate it for best build of 2021! :wink:

11 Likes

11mm drill bit? or 10?

2 Likes

10 for sure

4 Likes

Not safe anymore, right? First gen TB40.

2 Likes

Would be tossed in my house

3 Likes

I was afraid this was going to happen
Maybe

https://www.riptidesports.com/other/backing-frames-for-drop-through-trucks/

3 Likes