40" Drop Deck TB40

I can make a rough CAD model of it all I guess.

1 Like

I should be testing one soon.

3 Likes

How many wheels drive?

:wink:

1 Like

Still 2WD for now.

2 Likes

yeah seems like the power system you are going with is just overkill for AWD.

You need like a budget esc that shares a bolt pattern better for AWD, not sure how long you will sell the 4.12 torque ESC.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe in the future. You can always go eboosted’s enclosures.

2 Likes

I have two Big Ben DD AWD enclosures waiting for me to get some cheap FOCers and install your glorious SS m5 inserts oml thank you for those!!!

3 Likes

Is anyone trying to use the @DRI 12S4P 21700 PCB kit in these?

I have cut the cutout to fit the cells, but the PCB is too wide so that would have to go in the enclosure side.

I think it could fit but the cells need to be nearly touching in the middle.

1 Like

Got one on order will test fit when it gets here. My 16S3P 21700 fits but just. Same amount of cells.

2 Likes

8 x 2170 cells wide is a squeeze but after a layer of foam I think whatever spacing they are on the PCB will be ok.

I just don’t know if P42A is possible

1 Like

They are the only 2170s I have. I have a north south 12 S4p 2170 pack from another board and it doesn’t fit too narrow with fishpaper. East West 2170 packs fit the width, but don’t leave much room for you vesc and BMS.

2 Likes

The high voltage builds make me want to run external ESC box like a MTB

1 Like

I was hoping the 16s3p will give me the same range as 12S4P just with more speed. the calculator claims 87km/hr
(54 FUBs) loaded speed. oh baby

2 Likes

Which of his enclosures fit?

1 Like

Think he just thought I really needed any AWD enclosure.

I was just hoping dex would be catering to the select few tb40 owners who want awd tb6 hahaha powwwaaa overload

lol, I did manage 4wd on a TB40 w/ a giant BB enclosure. I did weird stuff though.

2 Likes

can you quote the pics?

1 Like

The batteries ended up getting flipped so leads are facing in, and the BMSs and antisparks under the two ESCs in the middle. You can see the BB enclosure is a bit narrow, so the washers hang off a bit. I replaced that foam gasket w/ a rubber one that blends in much better.

5 Likes

Anyone else had their TB40 crack like this? I submitted a form back in august and was told it’d be a month or so

7 Likes

We should have some new decks soon. Maybe about 2-4 weeks.

New decks have 5 layers of fiberglass so they are much more durable and a tiny bit of flex which is nice.

7 Likes