40" Drop Deck TB40

Unfortunately I had to cancel my pre-order two weeks ago, being in France VAT + fees could be surprising high depending on luck with customs. I still look forward to see how this deck comes to life.

@torqueboards Can you answer my ticket please ?

1 Like

That would be beautiful, that shit is expensive. But have it already at home, so got to use it.

2 Likes

Lol the board does ā€œcomeā€ with grip.

Hexy grip

1 Like

Sure, but not ON the board.

2 Likes

Preordered. Still gonna want that pic though!

Quick question, whatā€™s the smallest tire size these things fit? 90? 97, 107?

2 Likes

You talking about the double stack 21700 enclosure? Itā€™s thicc so Iā€™d stay around 100mmm. Might be able to get away with 83mm.

1 Like

@Jamie42 depends if you top mount or drop through. 83mm might fit but I havenā€™t tried.

Double stack we havenā€™t finalized yet as weā€™ll need to test. I might want to go 21700 for a double stack so for now itā€™s on the backburner. Waiting to first finalize on the 12s4p setup first.

2 Likes

@torqueboards I would like to use drop-through, would that fit the V3F enclosure on 90 /97mmā€™s?

@Fosterqc Nah I ordered the V3F single stack one. Planning a 12S5P 30Q for it.

2 Likes

Ah I realize now your development of the double stack enclosure hinges on the development of your own 12S8P 21700 battery.

I wasnā€™t thinking about that before so I see why much time must be taken. :dizzy: :+1:

3 Likes

Will a 10S5P fit or only 48 cells?

2 Likes

This help?

Wait I realize this pic shows you much better. Not really wide enough for 2 more cells so you would have to do something else P group wise. Yeah can only fit 9.3 18650s.

@torqueboards if you finalized the TB40 model could it be released to help people plan their builds in CAD?

8 Likes

According to my sketches I can fit a 60 cell battery with a unity and flexibms, but that will be very tight.

5 Likes

@Fosterqc Yeah, working on everything fitting perfectly vs things just mashed together. We will most likely start offering complete setups soon.

@b264 10s5p might fit if you can fit it within the size but I havenā€™t done any calculations or anything as I donā€™t ride 10S and 5P isnā€™t as easily scalable. Ex 4P to 8P and 5P to 10P. Iā€™d most likely have to make it much wider. Itā€™s a pretty wide cutout so Iā€™m sure you can make it fit but also our enclosure will be pretty much built for our setup exclusively.

@Fosterqc We wonā€™t be releasing our cads unfortunately. The way weā€™re planning our setups you wonā€™t really need anything else unless you just want to build a DIY with multiple brands or want something more specific.

6 Likes

Here is a tight 10s6p if you can make a custom battery this shape

(VESC 4.12ā€™s shown, you can probably get a smaller makerX dual for better fitment)

5 Likes

How many mm do you take per cell?

Esit: while considering fishpaper and other things making it bigger

2 Likes

This is probably possible with this cell alignment. 390mm * 155mm.
This is Evolveā€™s Samsung 50E, 10s5p, which I am currently working on.

10 Likes

@jamie42 all depends if youā€™re using up all the space or not. If not you can have more fish paper :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Can this base plate be used on a Torque boards drop-through deck?
Do the angle adjustment screws touch the deck?

1 Like

@LEE They look like they might be fine but Iā€™m not 100%. Pretty sure though they will clear.

3 Likes

Hey, I am sold out of all the TB DDā€™s, but if you can get ahold of Ernesto, heā€™s got a bunch!

2 Likes