40" Drop Deck TB40

@ThomasL You probably won’t find too many yet. Most people ordered complete or near complete setups.

2 Likes

Just stalled on the custom enclosure now…
Google Photos

11 Likes

I would like that whole setup except the unity. I am not into abandonware…

1 Like

That looks so sick bro

1 Like

@torqueboards
Hi Dex how does your shipping shutdown effect orders for the tb40 + enclosure.
What are my options as this may be months.
Can i get deck trucks and tb110 shipped.

Or have I missed the boat.

Cheers
Jacob

2 Likes

@Movation - Missed the boat for now. We are on lockdown for a few weeks. But you can email us and we can check.

7 Likes

@torqueboards any idea when the double-stacked enclosures will be in stock? I know things are uncertain to say the least…

2 Likes

@torqueboards Hi Dexter, I received the deck, and my batteries (not soldered already) but while trying to put together my 12s8p of 50E (21700, 40Ah, 1750Wh) the cutout is only a few mm too narrow width wise.
I would like to know if I could Dremel/cut 1/2 mm on each side to make space ? would it change the integrity of the deck ?

Furthermore, I would like to know if I could shorten the TB DD wires and resolder them by a few centimeters (5cm maximum), would that work/create issue ?

Thanks a lot

6 Likes

Fits 21700 in a north south orientation just.
8 wide but you cant offset cells this way for double stack my tb40 battery is modular each layer is its own battery with own bms.

3 Likes

Yep, they fit like in the pictures, but not the other way around (missing few mm as said). But north south orientation does not give a lot of space for the Unity/BMS (as you can see in the picture)

1 Like

They changed the dimensions I have to wait till after the lockdown to get my tb40 see if it still fits. I am thinking of rebuilding both packs into 1 x 16S5P 2 layer offset 21700 battery. My second battery/layer has issues so a rebuild will be required.

3 Likes

Think I jizzed XD
How much does the double stack battery stick out with this setup?
(how deep will the enclosure have to be?

2 Likes

No ETA yet but we’ll start working on it soon.

You can take off a few mm’s. You should be fine. We did make it a bit more durable than the original dimensions.

Yeah, that would be fine. It’s just harder to work with if it’s too short and you do mess up.

3 Likes

Just make sure to leave everything smooth, any defect can be the start of a crack

In my Hummie deck I took way more material than what you need, so it cracked in all 4 corners inside the cut out

7 Likes

@torqueboards this might be a long shot but any chance you planning on making a deck like lacroix but like idk…affordable? :sweat: haha…
electricskateboardsolutions has a nice but murica made would be noiiiiceeee

Both cells on top of each other is roughly 4cm, the cutout is roughly 1cm deep so 3cm of battery (more or less based on fish paper, shrink wrap… will stick out as you can see in the pictures below.

But the enclosure I have, with rubber band around, manages to keep everything nice and cosy.

I was making the calculation… I drive a 12s5p 30q (645Wh) which has seen close to 8000 km already on it, and pump 45km out of it with my TB DD and the 110 Artic blue (consumption btw 12 and 14wh, mix of straight line and not so massive and long hills…)

This bad boy has 2.6 times more juice, so I should be able to do, at least, 100km in one go (if the feet do not quit on me)

3 Likes

Where did you get the 50E from? i might swap to these…

here you have the pictures:

5 Likes

https://www.fogstar-wholesale.co.uk/

They have special prices for esk8news members

2 Likes

What enclosure did you end up getting? Looks like it fits pretty darn well.

3 Likes