3DServisas Products Discussions

Yes I’ve seen 5694, but really high kv. The lowest kv I’ve found was 56123 230kv

3 Likes

Technically u can run those motors at lower voltages so you would have similar RPM to like 12S on normal KV’s just the current would be larger and would require beefer ESC’s

3 Likes

Haha, I think I am going to run them at 14 maaaaaybe 18s lol…I am not sure yet.

1 Like

Or maybe stick to 12s and use vesc based esc that can handle 100 amps and use a heatsink. Not sure yet

1 Like

can anyone with urethane 3ds’ measure the usable axle length with the gear installed, maybe from where the kegel core begins to the end of the axle? it would be super appreciated :pray:

1 Like

We are moving all releases, news and announcements to new topic and keeping this topic for discussions and questions.

Please use this topic for all messages.

9 Likes

It mounts on the truck using special method. Soon there will be video of assembly for Lacroix Kit as our trucks will come pre-assembled.

4 Likes

This is a thing of absolute beauty!

2 Likes

Seeing the size at witch you managed to cram conical bearings, is there any possibility for something similar to be done for regular kegel core drives by adding longer axle? I assume some sacrifices would have to be made on wheels to accomplish something like this. Probably kegel core would have to be replaced with something else entirely that has wider center or something similar and plastic couldn’t be squeezed in the middle.

3 Likes

@Kug3lis

127mm gear case wouldn’t really work with a 8 inch tire?
(200-127)/2=36.5mm of ground clearance is pretty low even for a carver =(
8" tire with 5/1 ratio would be the best thing ever xD

5 Likes

Nobody really offerst to put 8" tyres with the big gear drives. Personally I use 9" tyres. :smiley:

4 Likes

But I want more torque :sob:

1 Like

I run 8" on the SS HD v3 with 5.1 and 140kv motors…
I mean, torque is alriiiiiiiiiiiight :smirk:

5 Likes

Hi Guys, last year i ordered 2x FatBoy SS Drive HD - Trampa / 1:4 / 8mm, its any chance to get 1:5 gear ration? Smaller motor pulley?

1 Like

What size motor shaft does the FGD 1:4 103mm take? And what’s the difference between the 103mm and the 127mm besides size obviously?

Drop an email to the store with ur order number will figure out something :slight_smile:

Everything is displayed in the table, but the biggest difference is the gear module, 127mm is 2.5 and others are 2. 127mm is made for bigger wheels and motors and much sturdier. Only 127mm drives require 10mm shafts and others are 8mm with 10mm on order

6 Likes

Thanks the table on your site was all mixed up “possibly because I was using mobile”. Any idea when the 1:5’s will be back in stock?

Drop an email to the store u will get more details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Somehow after changing motors, both sides got like this:

How do I adjust the backlash? (couldn’t find it here, sorry if described already)

Thanks

4 Likes

You undo the 3 bolts that are in a triangular position till you can move the motor forward and backward.

Please a single layer of paper.like a strip of it between the gears and adjust. You want it to be tight enough that it doesn’t tear thru it. Just creases it.

7 Likes