3D Printing Discussions, Questions and Debugging

I’ve been running hear sock less for about 3 months now on one of my printers and notice zero difference. Maybe it takes longer to heat up with the fan blowing on it but I honestly can’t tell.

How would a heat sock affect such a problem?

What problem are you referring to?

Oh my bad, I thought you were replying to my other post. I saw the video about heat socks from CNC Kitchen, but is haven’t seen the need for it myself.

Figured I’d post an update nobody asked for but I’ve been running PETG since my last comment here and it’s been running great. The roll of PLA I was using before must have just decided F off. Been running black and transparent PETG… first time running transparent and it’s pretty cool. Printing some quick stuff in vase mode right now.

1 Like

I’ve recently jumped on the train for transparent PETG too. Idk if it’s just me, but PETG without pigments prints just so much better, it’s like night and day. No more dripping, oozing, etc.

1 Like

It printed incredibly nice without any issues at all. I really like it. I switched back to black for right now for a few things I need to make but I’m already trying to think of the next stuff I want to print with the transparent lol

Such a nice upgrade. :smiley: I think I’ll add another table underneath though.

3 Likes

Nice! I used the same LACK file for mine, just using orange PLA for my brackets. Been holding up very well so far.

1 Like

That’s my Ender enclosure. I need to pick up a heavy duty storage rack that I can keep stuff on for whenever my X1C arrives. I might dedicate the Ender to PETG and TPU

2 Likes

Okay. that’s cool and all, but why the fuck is the door stop at the bottom, but the door handles at the top? That triggers me so much. :laughing: Also you cant use the magnets now!

:rofl::rofl: I have magnets behind the handles at the top. I had it set up in a different spot previously and the handles were easier to use at the top. The bottom just keeps the doors from going in too much

1 Like

Ah okay, makes more sense now. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m looking for a z axis upgrade for my alfawise U30 pro aka longer LK4 pro but I find only pieces for the ender 3…
If you ever see one…

1 Like

Bambu X1C will be here Tuesday :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Excited for you! That printer looks insane

1 Like

Thanks! I knew I’d eventually have to have one after @ShutterShock mentioned his from the original kickstarter campaign. I didn’t get the AMS unit but I can always add it down the road if I feel I need it.

1 Like

Nice! I made a thread for it but haven’t posted in it recently

1 Like

So I’m bored and got to thinking. I’ve seen the one video on YouTube, but has anyone experimented with 3D printed tires? I would assume TPU for material. Would be nice to make your own airless tires that could work on conventional AT hubs, although I’m not sure how you would keep them from slipping on the hubs.

I’ve seen some printed tires being used and all of them were shit. TPU is very slippery and thus offers only very limited grip.

3 Likes