3D Printing Discussions, Questions and Debugging

Mine is from trianglelabs so I suppose it’s a fake

1 Like

I got a SWX1 And I’ve been playing around with it. A lot of fun no doubt. However now I’m having a hard time printing anything. Adhesion issues, level issues, kind of getting frustrated.

Anyone have tips? If I post pictures would y’all be kind of enough to troubleshoot before I send it back to Amazon lol.

Sure. Before anything, go through this checklist and see if it makes any difference.

For bed adhesion, once you’ve got your layer height and bed leveled, you can mess with the bed temperature, first layer extrusion temperature, and coatings.

For a glass bed, I’ve found regular PVA glue stick (I use Elmer’s purple school glue sticks) or hair spray (I use Aquanet extra hold unscented) both help.
For a PEI/plastic type bed, a wipe with some IPA can help, and in some extreme cases a light scrub with some scotchbrite can help too.

For more stubborn filaments or models (or both), I recommend adding a brim of 8-12mm can help a lot by adding more adhesion area.

1 Like

I also have that printer and it’s been great for me. I would do the routine checks first, bed temperature, leveling, belt tightness, v-wheel alignment, bed alignment, etc.

After doing all those things, then re-level the bed 3 times and make sure it’s done well. I’ve found I need to tune my level every 10 prints or so. Make sure you level the bed when it is hot. Set it to 60-70 degrees before leveling.

The SWX1 has an ultrabase coating, I wouldn’t recommend sanding it or anything like that but I have heard that elmers can be alright for it.

Same for me, some stubborn prints I make it so the outlines converge with the print to make a brim. works pretty well for small starting surface area

3 Likes

Thanks guys I’ll give it a whirl! My first few prints were great! Then I started having issues. Will check all those things and report back.

For the glass bed, I’ve been cleaning with 70% alcohol wipes and had to scrub a bit. I noticed the glass bed is discolored in certain areas and more shiny than the matte. I think that coating is coming off. Is it normal?

1 Like

I’m not sure really. I’d try looking around on the internet a bit for advice on cleaning an ultrabase coated print surface

1 Like

Creality new core xyz printer and fully enclosed
Looks pretty decent

1 Like

Post photos. Debugging will be easy.

2 Likes

Will do! Any setting tips for Cura that could help off the bat?

Right now I have a shaky sound from the bed that I can’t pin point if it’s normal or not.

Hopefully you can hear it.

Others include:
These

And These

1 Like

And lastly this is happening to the plate after cleaning.

I can only see the first video. The sound is normal. I have the same sounds.

Can you post them in separate posts maybe?

I think your bed is far off from the nozzle. Have you printed a bed levelling pattern yet?

1 Like

I haven’t cleaned my plate even once. It sticks to well and releases it beautifully when cool.

2 Likes

Just took a video.

Yeah it’s impossible to get accurate. The 5th point the paper never catches. No matter how many times I can have the paper catching on all 4 corners and the 5th will still be a few mm from getting to the paper. When it prints it ends up pushing down on the pieces lifting them from the bed.

I can see them on mine but they do take a while to load.

Paper is only to get a rough estimate. Fine tuning happens by printing a levelling pattern. You observe the first layer being laid down. If adjacent lines don’t stick, bed is far in that area, if the lines stick but the layer seems very thin(transparent) then the bed is too close. You adjust on the fly.

1 Like

That’s the skirt.

Also failed print cause it knocked a piece loose.

1 Like

haha. Your bed is toooo far from the nozzle.

2 Likes

So you just adjust each corner till it’s perfect for each? Do you have a stl for individual squares? I tried doing the one with 5 squares and it was a pain in the arse

But if I make the nozzle closer on the corners the leveling squares become transparent in the corners cause it’s too close.

Please try with this square

1 Like