3D Printing Discussions, Questions and Debugging

Try village20…looks like that is active!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks dude

1 Like

Hello does anyone have a file for dickios m mounts shield? I’m sure I saw some sort of mud guard it something like that somewhere
Thanks

What would y’all get someone as a gift for someone who’s deep into printing? I was thinking A legit PPB case from DRI, but he has a good resin printer that can make some nice pucks.
Which leads me to thinking I should find some fun/exotic filament for his Ender’s, any suggestions?
Dude has been a huge help on the eskate side(was a metro rep and I have a metro) as well as being good support with my new printer.

1 Like

If they’re into printing, let them print their own PPB shell and gift them the other components to make their own remote:

2 Likes

Good idea, he has one already though. I looked into MJF and it’s pretty slick. Ended up ordering a case anyway, the print nerd in him should appreciate it.

Anyone with Bowden know what I’m looking at?
Started a print before supper. Came back to a failed print and this

Feels like wrapper around a candy cane

Do I need fan off for abs or leave it on
Also how thick of a layer of abs slurry should I use

First abs print here we go

Did you pull it ou and it stretched? looks like it got too hot and melted. Maybe you could try out capricorn tube (smaller inner diameter and supposed to be more heat resistant) or PFA Tube from trianglelab which should be more heat resistant too

2 Likes

I never printed with abs, but i read somewhere that you dont need a fan. Please report back, i have a roll of ASA and i appreciate any help :grimacing:

1 Like

Printing now with fan and all good with abs slurry

1 Like

Any tips for printing nylon (alloy 910, prusa mk3s)

I printed a gear with relatively no issue at 25% infill. Just some shrinkage around the bearing seat. Can modify the file no problem.

What I’m having issue is printing a wedge at 100% infill. Warps every time, unsticks from bed. I used glue stick on pei sheet, 255/45c temp. I tried heating the room to 30c, I tried doing a raft of petg, a brim, no luck. Any other ideas. I think I’m going to try laying down a layer of painters tape and coat that with some 3m spray adhesive lol.

2 Likes

I need to use 80C bed for PETG.

I hope I’m not going crazy but I’m pretty sure I’m missing something here… :joy:

New Ender 3 pro

1 Like

I can print petg no problem. Nylon I have issue, I did one test print with petg (@80c) as bottom layer/raft with nylon on top. It did not work.

1 Like

With abs I use abs slurry and 110c and seems to work amazing

1 Like

Is it super wobbly left to right? If so, tighten the hex shaped spacers (eccentric nuts) on the right side in your image under the bed.

1 Like

It’s not that it’s wobbly. It’s super lopsided. The bearings on the left side are slipping through the rollers. Shouldn’t there be eccentric nuts on the left side too?

1 Like

1 Like

Nah they’re usually just one one side. Tighten them down until all the rollers are touching if I’m understanding you correctly. The bed springs on the right side could be loose too making it look worse.

Hopefully…