3D printed Enclosure for Makerx Dv6

Hi guys- need a self contained enclosure for a mountain board build. Battery is in a pelican case centered on the board. Need an enclosure for the ESC at the rear.

Just got a dv6 to replace a Flipsky 6.6 that shit the bed.

Any help?

I hate to be the “use the search box” guy, but have you tried using the search box?

There are a ton of eMTB ESC enclosures that folks in this community have designed, many of which are fully or partially 3D printable. Not all of them are explicitly designed for the DV6, but some are definitely compatible. Take a look around and I’m sure you will find something :grin:

1 Like

Check out “waterproof junction boxes” too on the Google for some cheap and solid options

1 Like

The ESC will also be bolted to the lid with the view to have a heat sync added / upside down to the enclosure (Picture it’s facing the wrong way around). This way you can remove the lid and have access to the truck screws. Prevents the need to have a bracket.

This is still a work in progress and it will go through some fine-tuning. Happy to send you the files I have just message me.

7 Likes

@poastoast your catbox isn’t DV6 ready yet is it?

not yet

i’ll be making one tho
but i got a backlog of the ubox and focbox for Greig and Evwan

2 Likes

Ooh the Ubox one gonna be big lol

2 Likes

i dont need focbox anymore, i sold those creatures. +1 on the ubocc tho

1 Like

:ok_hand:

if i get some measurements i can maybe do the DV6 at the sane time

1 Like

Legend

Get to work Toast!

1 Like

I’ve been working on this over the past week, I call it Mr. Squiggle cos the ESC is mounted upside down, under the lid. Don’t know who Mr. Squiggle is? Google that shit.

I wanted to have a no-frills ESC mountain board enclosure that moves all cable routing to the outside while leaving space inside for my RoBo. I don’t ride in the snow, rain, or mud so waterproofing’s not a priority. On mine, I left a gap between the ESC and the lid to tuck in my sensor wires through neatly.

The design files for this are up on my site although it’s still a work in progress.

I’m considering printing a spacer to allow for two small gaps/slits between the lid and the mid-section on the front side by a couple of MM. This would allow the enclosure to draw in air and pass it around the ESC to keep things cool. Another option I’m considering is having the entire lid made from steel so it can act as a huge heat sink.

Files are here. Steal My Stuff | ZFG esk8

Anyhow, enjoy.

7 Likes

I just printed it out too!

It’s a very cool case. Like he said- simple no-frills enclosure that does the trick.

Kudos

1 Like

Wow what filament/magic printer settings did you use? The surface finish looks like anodized aluminium on the top part, and I can barely make out layer lines even on the side profile

I know right? I also thought it’s an alu lid.

1 Like

If I’m taking a guess I’d say something like this?

Or just spray painted

My guess

@xsynatic @mr.shiteside @BlackSambo

Please stop by my how-to post for more info.

3 Likes