3D printables for esk8

Here are the files for my ksger soldering station. Dual tips is the base with those two tubes on the side to hold two extra tips. Hold 1,2 are the push in rings to hold the iron. You could shorten the half ring to make the angle steeper.
hold2.stl (44.0 KB) hold1.stl (51.1 KB) ksger cover_dual_tips.stl (267.9 KB) ksger cover.stl (227.7 KB)

2 Likes

Edit: wtf is up with that description :rofl:

20 Likes

has anyone made Idea motor mounts belt cover and/or bash/crash bars ?

1 Like

I made these a while back. Though not sure if anything on newer mounts changed.

4 Likes

should of precised his newer simpler mounts

2 Likes

Just posted this in the other thread, thought I’d crosspost for good measure

4 Likes

I should receive shorter belts today I’ll finally be able to test the pulley’s I designed and printed. Thinking about redesign to add small holes so I can heat insert some m2 screws for better snap resistance

Inspired by @glyphiks :

16 Likes

Has anyone been experimenting with a 3D printed solution to wheel balancing? I’ve been using adhesive 5g counter-weights but there are a few problems with them. First, 5g is a bit too much for accurate balancing. Second, if I change tyres and need to re-balance I have to replace the weights. They can’t be easily re-used.

I was thinking of a 3D printed counter-weight holder that would somehow attach to the spokes. Then maybe use bolts and/or nuts as weights. I have some ideas but don’t want to reinvent the wheel.

10 Likes

First attempt:

Ah, I need a valve cutout…

18 Likes

That’s an awesome idea!

5 Likes

On the topic of balancing… what is the process of doing so? is there a thread?

It’s not a rocket science. Just flip your board around and spin the wheel freely and very slowly. As it’s about to end spinning and you get the pendulum effect, it’s not well balanced and you’ll want to add some counterweight.

Edit: I made this vid long ago…

14 Likes
2 Likes

ok, so this makes sense, but hard to do with gears. I guess taking them off and putting on stand a lone pole to do the pendulum effect. Also, once you find that heavy side, where and how do you attach the counter weights.

2 Likes

Opposite of the heavy side

1 Like

lol, that’s obvious, but I meant inside of the rim, outside, middle. Where is the best place to place it so it doesn’t fall off or get knocked off etc.

Doesn’t matter IMO. I’ve been putting mine both on the inner and the outer rim and haven’t noticed any difference.

Regarding gear drive, best to take the wheel off and put it on the front truck for balancing. Or maybe if you just flip it over on the rear truck that should do the trick as well.

3 Likes

now added QS8 Loopkey

https://grabcad.com/library/qs8-panel-mount-loopkey-1

12 Likes

First test. The print came out pretty well. I used M3x8 bolts as weights. They just sink in without coming out of the other end. They are basically drilled in (the holes are 2.5mm) and I think they might hold in even without being secured with a nut. We’ll see after some riding. Not using the nuts makes the installation faster and more hassle free.

Fits snugly! Yay.

Balancing test. This is without any counter-weight at all. Lot of pendulum effect.

This is my best effort in in getting the wheel balanced by adding the bolts only. Unfortunately (as I expected), the bolts don’t add enough weight to counter-balance the valve. Still, they do help a lot. The pendulum effect is much reduced.

Last I put just one 5g weight to counter-balance the valve. I then used the bolts to finetune the balancing. This worked perfectly.

Looks promising so far. Here are the STL and STEP files if anyone wants to play with it.

weights_holder_for_Trampa_wheels.stl (324.1 KB)

weights_holder_for_Trampa_wheels.step (772.7 KB)

I printed from PETG with 5 perimeters and 15% infill (there’s almost no infill though so the infill percentage doesn’t matter too much).

32 Likes