3D files / CAD request thread

I don’t believe so. I’m working on drawing some but haven’t decided on a motor plate bolt pattern yet.

1 Like

I can draw some quite easily

1 Like

Ah thanks, I’m referring to this format though.

Ofc if I had my own I’d measure the dims and model them up. If someone plans on doing this themselves that would be great.

I just want to make sure they work with my config before I buy - budget tight has to be right!

You’d be my hero!

1 Like

TKP Clamp 46mm PCD.step (70.0 KB) TKP Clamp 46mm PCD.f3d (140.1 KB)

2 Likes

Niceeee! You’re my hero. :smile: Did it take you 6 minutes to do it? I can’t even open my Fusion 360 in that time.

Quick question. Is there a reason that only one of the two holes for a clamping bolt has a flat spot? Even I can fix that so no worries. Just wondering if it’s on purpose.

2 Likes

Open the .f3d to see the threads

One side is a counterbore and the other is threaded m5

I had this designed already for gear drives.

3 Likes

I see. Makes sense. I want to get these 3D printed so I don’t think that a threaded hole is an option. I’ll make the other side counterbore as well and just use a nut. Maybe making the clamp thicker would be worthwhile for 3D printed? Double the thickness and add one more bolt?

1 Like

Does this look like something that might work? I only just started learning Fusion.

TKP Clamp 46mm for 3D printing.f3d (207.1 KB)

you probably want to make this hex bigger if you are 3d printing since it will shrink

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the right thread, but anyone have any recommendations for a good solidworks tutorial?
@moon @Venom121212 @mishrasubhransu

3 Likes

This one is good, kinda old. Depends on what your want to do.

1 Like

AHHHH, thank you thank you :pray: work bought me a license so now I’m obligated to learn

4 Likes

So the way I learn is to see the problem at hand and try to snoop around in solidworks to find a solution. If I can’t do it satisfactorily then I search on YouTube or just Google.

3 Likes

I have the text book courses they include. They have a library of premade parts that is downloaded when you install solidworks. The text book has you use a lot of the parts in the lessons.

Here’s the pdf version that looks the same from what I can tell.

Student_WB_2011_ENG.pdf (3.6 MB)

Seriously, feel free to blow me up with questions or better yet, start a solidworks how to thread. I find it oddly fascinating to see how other people design the same things differently.

6 Likes

I remember when you told me to start watching Adventure Time and that changed my life.

I guess this is round two, Primo Justin.

Thank you

2 Likes

Anyone have the CAD of the Focbox Unity?

Edit Found kind of , though I would like a more detailed model:

https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue29752d3/g/shares/SHabee1QT1a327cf2b7aa08058461058ab0a?viewState=NoIgbgDAdAjCA0IDeAdEAXAngBwKZoC40ARXAZwEsBzAOzXjQEMyzd1C0IBmGAdhgCcAFgBGAWka8AZgBMxQgQDYpYgVIDGXMV0YCY63jKEBWXSLQBfEAF0gA

Linking this Thread for future reference:

How can we archive that page? Or even migrate it over

4 Likes

@wandagoner recently created a wiki for all cad stuff. I am yet to update that properly but planning to do that soon.

So to answer your questions we can edit that wiki with all the relevant stuff.

2 Likes

I have a unity on the way supposedly. If I remember, I’ll download that step file and add some ports and write locations.

1 Like

Does anyone have or can make a STL cap that screws on to the charging port? The cover that comes with it keeps on falling off…

1 Like