3D files / CAD request thread

what a treat! I haven’t been on this forum in months, pop back into one of my old followed threads and just land on this gem. Nice share man! been looking for this.

Holy Shit!! and that was before I kept scrolling, what a boatload of haggy shit. you legend

1 Like

Iam planning create 3D with realistic concave. Hope will have soon time on it. May I use Your dxf for cutting contour? Hope it will simplify my work.

You can use it for whatever you like dude, but it won’t work as a cutting contour, because it’s not the outline of the deck ‘viewed from above’, it’s the outline as if the deck were ironed completely flat

1 Like

Anyone have a drawing of BN caliber motor mounts? (Short ones). Or worst case maybe the BN hanger shape

I think this is it

2 Likes

Ye

Not 100% sure where the axle goes.

2 Likes

Thanx man. Clear. Anyway it will help! Nice job :+1:

1 Like

If someone got a good side shot of the deck, you could take the flattened image, bend it like it’s a sheet metal in solidworks to match the side profile, and it would retain the right properties. I don’t think there’s much concave to the deck.

3 Likes

Thank You. Iam ride on it :slight_smile: Definitely concave on Haero 2 is the one main reason I bought it. I love it so much, mainly becau You do not need any additional pads like for trampa, which increase weight and You stay higher. And tall people like me are counting each cm to have lower center of gravity:)

3 Likes

Anyone here have a Markforged Carbon fiber printer or can print rigid nylon / carbon parts

1 Like

You want specifically the continuous fiber, I assume?

2 Likes

I do not know the subtleties between chopped and continuous but I have held samples of the Onyx Nylon with Carbon add i think it will be strong enough. This is the shape I want to make:

4 Likes

Pretty simple shape - I have a Bambu Carbon X1, can print CF Nylon and stuff like that, but I’m not sure if that’s strong enough for what you’re looking for

also, prices for those filaments are quite extreme:

(500g)

On hand, I have Polycarbonate that is quite strong as well.

3 Likes

For testing Polycarbonate should likely work well. Let me know what it would cost to make me 3 of these. I will finalize the design and PM you the file. What file format do you work in?

1 Like

Once you PM me the file I can throw it into my slicer and get you a quote, based on its weight. I’ll print it with high strength settings (80% infill, 5 walls) unless you require solid.

Any 3D file format will work well, but STEP or STL are most common for importing

3 Likes

I will get it to you this afternoon, thanks!

Sure thing, I’ll look out for it

2 Likes

Sent

Onyx is similar to the filaments Ryan posted - nylon with very small chopped carbon fibers running in random directions. However it’s possible your sample may also have continuous carbon fibers in it which can be strategically placed for reinforcement so you can run the fibers along the paths you need reinforcement. However it’s still nowhere as strong as forged carbon fibre. The price of both Onyx and the Markforged carbon fiber is very expensive (more than most other PA CF filaments).

1 Like

Anyone have a model of the hypertruck baseplate? (Or can simply provide dimensions) I want to ensure our risers sit well with them.