300A 20s Anti Spark Switch Sold on E-ARK Tech Aliexpress Store

Flipsky just release their latest 300A Anti Spark Switch

4_f4dd0e45-76bf-41ca-bd2e-e7f3f82b80a4_1800x1800
new-arrival-flipsky-anti-spark-switch-al_main-5

They are available here now, welcome to get yours: Flipsky New Arrival Anti Spark Switch Aluminum PCB Board W/ LED Button 20S 300A for Electric Skateboard / Ebike / Scooter /Robot| | - AliExpress

3 Likes

Here below is the Spec and Feature:

Spec:
Hardware: V1.0
Max voltage: 20S (90V,safe for 80V)
Continuous Current: 150A , Max Current: 300A
LED button diameter:12mm

Aluminum pcb Features:
MOS fets: use 10*10 large package MOS , with better overcurrent and heat dissipation performance
Control mode: lock key control switch mode; press the lock button to lock it to open, and the LED light will light up at the same time, press the lock button again to bounce it to turn off, and the LED light turn off at the same time.
The function of the product: the aluminum substrate fire-proof spark switch efficiently and safely protects the power contacts from being burnt and oxidized by the electric spark, effectively protecting the electronic components of the integrated circuit from breakdown and damage, preventing the occurrence of electric sparks that may cause an explosion, and more effectively extending the electronics Product life.
Aluminum base plate has better heat dissipation performance. It is more convenient to add a larger heat sink for continuous large current output. The heat sink and the heat sink are connected with thermally conductive silicone grease, which has a better heat conduction effect.

@Battery_Mooch @Gamer43 @DEEIF

i swear flipsky is monitoring here, so they can create new product :shushing_face:

2 Likes

It looks pretty fat, might be good. Anyone want to test it out? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Can you tell us about the circuit? Share a schematic?

Does it do roll to start?

Does it auto shutdown? Does it wait at least an hour to do so?

How many millifarads can it handle?

If debris hits the switch, will it turn off? How many milliseconds do you need to hold the button to turn it off?

6 Likes

Are you using consumers as beta testers?

6 Likes

If they answer all nine of my questions, I will very seriously consider it.

1 Like

I opened the thread with interest but latching pushbutton calls for big no on my side.

Too many cut off reports caused by road vibrations and micro unlatch in the past.

Still thanks for the update!

2 Likes

latching switch? no thanks :rofl:

but 20s 300a spec does seems to be exactly what we were asking for in another thread, such coincidence

7 Likes

Good questions! Answer for one on the AliExpress page: Recommended to keep output capacitance under 6,000 uF. Proper operation cannot be guaranteed at higher capacitances.

3 Likes

FWIW, from the AliExpress page…:thinking:

Engineers have thoroughly tested prototypes; however, this is still a new design and a first production run, please exercise extreme caution (as one would normally do with any electric vehicle) when using this device.

IMO, if it’s been tested then it’s been tested and no differentiation should have to be made between this and their other products.

3 Likes

Does it have a precharge feature or is it “just” a normal switch.
I may get one so I don’t have to always struggle with my xt90s as a 20s anti spark.

It’s listed as an Anti-Spark switch and has a max capacitance spec so IMO it is a pre-charge switch.

2 Likes

I thought this as well, but @DerelictRobot brought up the fact that you can swap wires on some latching switches so the out position is on and in is off.
Making vibrations that would undo the latch a moot point.

2 Likes

Isn’t it what most esk8 vendors do?

4 Likes

Sounds interesting, do you have a link? :link:

Curious how it works, I assumed most latching switches just have no current going through each end when not pushed.

Maybe @DerelictRobot was thinking of aircraft cockpit switch? The ones with the big red top and sometimes 3 positions?

Still if by any chance there’s enough vibration able to move the switch position, sounds risky to me as is.

@EarkTech Any chance for Flipsky to upgrade to soft latching switch instead? Or even offer the alternative.

1 Like

Afraid not at the moment, will let you know asap once they have what you need. Thanks for your interest.

2 Likes

The switch needs to be NO/C/NC I believe, so needs 5 terminals. Maybe @DerelictRobot could explain more, I’m not that smart

1 Like

Lmao flipsky STILL hasn’t updated the English description I gave them over a year ago :man_facepalming:

Looks like it’s the same smart design but in a different form factor with different MOSFETs.

4 Likes