30” Old school cruiser kicktail, Dual 6364 Keda motors, e-Caliber trucks,

Just wanted to say thank you to the forum members (who haven’t seen this on the other forum) for all the help and info with getting this project done. It’s been pretty much 7 months to the day that I decided to have a go at building an esk8 (my first electric). My end goal was to have something pretty small and powerful with a kicktail - I live in a small town with lots of really steep hills. I’m really happy with how it’s turned out.

29 Likes

Hell yeah. I like this thing

3 Likes

Sweet. Great job!!

1 Like

Did you upgrade to silicone phase wires?

Haha.

Yes, from the stator windings.

6 Likes

That’s awesome. Could we see more pictures of it?

4 Likes

This is awesome. Simply awesome.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Does it have a technicolor dream-battery?!

2 Likes

Haha, no! Box fresh 30Q’s in this one. They’re recovered cells from laptop batteries for power wall/low power shiz.

3 Likes

That’s good but also a let down :joy:

3 Likes

It’s a great little build. I love kicktail decks.
I would recommend getting genuine wheels eventually. Im not a huge fan of abec clone urethane. I have both and it’s a noticeable upgrade to ride quality.

4 Likes

How does it ride btw?

1 Like

I’ve been so tempted to change to be honest, although I’ve nothing to compare them too, hence the reason for holding off. I would also like to change to snap in pulleys, too.

1 Like

I use the bkb press fit pulleys on both my builds. I’ve got bolt on ones on the wifes board. They are a pain but once you get them true they’re fine.

How big of wheel you wanna go?

1 Like

I think it rides OK. I’ve got thick rubber under the risers. It wobbles at speed, but I think that could be me. It’s got loads of torque and had climbed anything I’ve thrown at it.

90mm I reckon. Any smaller and I think I would have problems on the roads around here.

1 Like

I’d change your bushings up. They look stock. Would improve things. Help with wobbles.

1 Like

@RipTideSports is on it for me. What Abec 11 wheels are considered the best. Not sure what the difference it between the reflys, flywheels, etc.

1 Like