3-Link Truck Designs

@MoeStooge not saying the ones you’ve made all these years look like crap, but this CNC one is gorgeous! It’s like cave Ironman vs genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Ironman…speaking of philanthropist, can I have a set for free?

9 Likes

I don’t remember who made the first fully enclosed gear drive,

Perhaps it was @NoWind (E-Toxx) ??

1 Like

The V1 Raceboard. First ever nkp3-link, Rubber covered ABEC centrax, 8400w 8s 1200kv inrunners on mod.8 open gear drives. Did 45mph on radar with no front bushings at SoCal Performance Day 3 years ago. Every aspect of this board was unproven before SPD.
Fun times :checkered_flag:

19 Likes

Old grumpy? :love_you_gesture:t3: That board could out run most boards even today.

3 Likes

After this grumpy got a complete make over. Stretched to 42", widened to 11", deeper belly spine, updated axels fitted with Riptide bushings, 125mm race wheels, mod1.5 gears, dual 6000w motors, xlx ESC. 1380watt hr Lipo, and fresh T-6 skin.
Big changes from the original with some of the original left intact.

7 Likes

Hello, Moe.
Been watching for your tech for a while, but I still have not understood your thoughts on replicating this tech for personal use. Is it acceptable to your taste?

Because I find these trucks really attractive and challenging to replicate but at the same time, it seems to me a task corresponding to my knowledge gained from university. So definitely falls into my personal want-to-replicate category for the upcoming powerful and, more importantly, fast build.

2 Likes

I don’t see why you couldn’t try to do that as long as you don’t sell them and don’t ask for after-sales support :laughing:

2 Likes

Quote from Moe

2 Likes

been some time since i picked this design back up, but after i saw those production models i was inspired again, just a render of the model im working on.

its by far not finished anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

rods over the deck is more brazen, gotta wonder what someone who has not seen a custom board before would think of this when it rolls by…

16 Likes

Jaw dropping :flushed: :open_mouth: :alien:

2 Likes

I was kinda doing a thought experiment around if the two smaller linkages of the 3 links were somehow able to be moved around to change the angles while riding via a motor or knob. I am not thinking it would really work due to the other end of the smaller linkages is not being centered on the axle.

Hmm makes me think what if you put the two smaller rod ends bolted to the main bushing threads directly not on a collar. hmm. That almost seemingly would allow you to change the angle of the small links with simpler geometry. idk maybe I missed something there, oh right the force of the motors rotation is counteracted by the screw in the collar/axle keyway. so maybe only the front unpowered axle could have this angle changing feature?

Let me throw a model together to show what I just thought about.

I got sidetracked not answering your question directly but the issues with the idea above are seemings near the same as the issues you would have with making a gear driven linear actuator attached to the main steering rod.

2 Likes

wanted to point out the same issue, glad I reread!

haha I clearly totally missed this because in my previous post here I talked about that idea

it shalln’t

For the reasons discussed in the FUD article

3 Likes

if you want to get rid of the small rods you need some of the stuff I messed around with in this thread.

PKP Truck Products/Design Ideas and Feedback.

1 Like

I see. I kindda get the issue.

so how bout this way?

forgive my cad skills… or the lack thereof

1 Like

yeah I think you have arrived at this design more or less SRB NKP style.

3 Likes

If only there was a way to stop the middle rod end ball joint from rotating around its own axis. Ive been pondering about that.

Oops i see i revived this hehe mb.

1 Like

tac weld?

1 Like

No because then you cannot steer anymore :thinking:

1 Like