3 Link Clamping Adapters For Gear Drives

:turtle:
@ShutterShock ? :smiley:

2 Likes

If the Newbee 4GS is relatively quiet, I may have to give a set a try. THe Meepo gear drives are pretty noisy.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s my 4GS Savage has and they are super quiet. Quieter than my old belt boards even. Definitely worth checking out :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve always preferred quite. But Iā€™ll say, when @zero_ads or @Yeahthatperson zoomed by on their open drives, I might have gotten a small chub.

6 Likes

I hope youā€™ll be able to make a set in future for me cos I would very much like a set of 3 links but no idea which kind of gear drives to go for at present . . .

1 Like

What tolerance you using on threads? 3B?

2B as srb threads are plated, and the part can screw on easily. (Honestly, thread tolerances donā€™t really matter for this application, but I like your question)

2 Likes

I have this strange simultaneous appreciation of quiet and loud drivetrains. xD

8 Likes

Same here. I love my 4GS and have a set of BN straight cuts coming for another board :melting_face:

1 Like

Yeah I need a set, just trying to make sure @Boardnamics will thread me out a set of the adapters for the HD hanger

Phil @Savage1 do you think you could tap out a set from the old size up to the bigger size? Thereā€™s plenty of meat, just needs to be done

3 Likes

I actually tread milled them for HD 5/8-18. (Yes @b264 they are imperial) but all other dimensions are metric

3 Likes

Oh no thereā€™s the piece that mounts to the drive itself, that you are bolting into. That piece on mine is threaded for the smaller version

If have to ship them to you to modify if Kevin doesnā€™t do it

1 Like

The truck adapters inside the gear drive are threaded @Savage1.

@ShutterShock picture might help.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m not at home also you canā€™t really see it when itā€™s assembled

1 Like

So when will these be available so i can get a set?
What is the axle to motor can distance for the newbee/Apex drivetrain?

1 Like

Sure, just send them over.

1 Like

I have a few more.
Not quite sure which distance youā€™re referring too?

This i mean, for example how much motor space is left depending on which gear drive is used. I am using the standard hangar, not the HD so it is not as long.

4 Likes

Looks like about 171mm.
Maytech 6374
165x65 tires
Jump drives

These are HD

3 Likes

@MoeStooge are the standard hangar the same as the HD in terms of the thread size?

1 Like