| Electric Slide | Bustin' Maestro, Venom Mach 1, 40T, SR TKP, Hammocks

I’M ALREADY GETTIN THERE, broke my ankle a couple months ago and have acquired the old-bones mentality =/

2 Likes

Wait what’s the plan here? That’s a really low gear ratio and a setup that will be heavily leaning towards top end power. What wheel diameter are you using and what are your top speed goals. The gearing will also hurt your efficiency so that should or taken into consideration as you evaluate a 12AH pack vs a 16 AH

2 Likes

12S + charge and ride system/external 12S parallel.

1 Like

I am currently recovering from a broken arm and am making similar battery considerations for a Loaded Icarus build that will let me swap between Mach 1s and Caguamas. I was worried ab not having enough top speed on 10S with the 78mm wheels … but I already have boards that can hit 40 mph and I don’t think I want to go that fast on small wheels. I am limited on how many P42a cells I can squeeze into the Eboosted enclosure. So I end up thinking 10S, sure why not? But then I think ab Kenny’s @KfromtheBay small board with the Mach 1’s and I am back on team 12S.

EDIT: just realized the Snot Rocket is actually 10S. With 30T pulleys I think 10S will be plenty fast.

Whatever you decide, good luck with the build and be careful when you get back out there Tim.

1 Like

they’re venom mach 1’s, which are 78mm, so that’s why the gear ratio is all crazy

hell yeah, thanks @nomadic_myke :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: I hope your arm’s healing up ok. How bad was the break?

Three weeks ago I had a remote or ESC dropout which resulted in sudden brakes (or at least it felt like that). I was on an incline and I tried running off the front of the board at around 18 mph and the ground quickly came up to meet me. I snapped my left radius and severely dislocated my ulna. I learned the next day that my injury is called a “Galeazzi fracture”.

I saw a hand surgeon and got everything set within the first 36 hours and during the procedure my ulna moved back into position so I dodged having protruding bolts on my wrist as was planned. It hurt like a bastard and I am taking a 2 month break from riding boards to let it heal.

I will invest in slide gloves and probably elbow pads before I get back to riding ESK8 everyday. Fortunately the pain is under control now with Advil. You took out your ankle right? How’s your recovery?

2 Likes

Yeah being able to slide on your hands instead of having them glued to the ground on impact is really key I think to many messed up hands and arms.

3 Likes

Omg dude that dislocation is gnarly. I’m sure that was a WONDERFUL sight to see after slamming into the ground. Yeah man, get ALL the protection . I was fully suited up in all my shit, my helmet and power ranger suit and slide gloves and knee pads, and I broke my ANKLE. Well shit, now I got TSG ankle guards to protect the one joint I missed…

3 Likes

I’ve just been rolling in a Pass and jeans… praying to Skatan I’m not going fast

1 Like

12s3p underway WOOT

1 Like

How do I do this? You’ve mentioned charge-and-ride a couple times now and I don’t know shiatttt–got a link I can read up on?

1 Like

This thread isn’t very good the info is kinda spread all over the forums.

Basically it works somewhat.

1 Like

RKP or TKP?

1 Like

Been a while since I updates this, and it’s still one of my 5 builds in prgress :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Did a lot of work on this fucker since last post. Did a green carbon fiber lay on the bottom:

Enclosure was totally redone, used the onld one as a mold and did my thing with alcohol inks and spray paint. I fuckin love the effect

Next step is skinning the top with one of my fav artists, Heironymous Bosch

We’ll see how much detail comes out in the print, just put in my order a couple days ago.

6 Likes

I don’t think this is in the right place not gonna lie lmao

2 Likes

Jesus. Good call @ShutterShock wtf

1 Like

Thanks to @PedroMcJimenez the madter skinner for doing 99.9999% of the work.

2 Likes

Lol, my pleasure, though you did more than you let on.
Stoked to see your future skin work! I still need to see your demonseed

1 Like

I get stoked taking an old board and rehabilitating it.
Kurby was the only deck I’ve skinned that hasn’t needed patching and filling love

2 Likes