£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

I might have some 9T 10mm pinions and I do have extra MBS clamps

2 Likes

By the Way @moon are you still expecting to have them for mid November?

3 Likes

Santa Claus! Let me work on my Ali-fu, it is clearly not as strong as my Google-fu

Ali’s showing me the wrong mid life crisis specials

13 Likes

Yes I am, no idea on what dates I predicted earlier but gears were delayed by 8 days but should finish on Friday. The rest is done

2 Likes

Those suggestions :joy:

1 Like

You did not give an exact date, no problem here.

I know I May be annoying about wanting to pay you already :sweat_smile:.
I am just afraid to not have the full amount when the times come. Budgeting is not my strong suit.

3 Likes

Well it would have been £6000+ pre orders. Not comfortable with that so Ill split the batches up and put down my own money for them.

3 Likes

Yeah can’t argue with that decision, good business ethic.

Anyways, how is the installation like are there any materials (videos or photo tutorials)? we could start looking at to prepare?

2 Likes

Ill have a think about making some kind of tutorials. Don’t have the equipment to make it look professional.

2 Likes

don’t worry about the look, as long as we can see how to put it together.

Who has a build thread using your gear drive with matrix II? Still the same version right?

1 Like

@Andy87’s thread

Doesn’t dive into enough build detail so not that useful to you.

I can make tutorials for:

SR
Trampa
MBS

I don’t have sixshooters or bergmeisters so making tutorials for them will be slightly harder.

And when I make the clamps, I can make tutorials for Boardnamics hangers thanks to @BearHere

4 Likes

Cool, while we wait for your tutorials I will bug @Andy87, worst that could happen, he will tell me to piss off :smile:

1 Like

I can send you a set of bergmeisters if you’d like

3 Likes

@Tamatoa, this is using lrdesigns truck clamp and not moon’s but assembly is similar. Moon’s drive will have the silver truck clamp mounted inside the drive instead of outside.

Like this

I needed more clearance on the beta unit so I put my clamps on the outside. This is fixed in the new version.

The clamps just slide on to the trucks and the shoulder bolts keep them on. If I remove the shoulder bolt, the entire drive comes off as a unit. Very convenient for aligning the gear mesh.

Then just adjust your motors with the gears in so they mesh perfectly. You want only the faces of the teeth to mesh. Apply some grease to where the teeth are meshing while you turn the wheels. My circuit board build thread has some more photos.

The adapter plate is the connection between the wheel hub you’re using and the wheel gear itself.

7 Likes

that is a really nice explanation thanks for spending the time to put this together.

So the clamps are actually press fitted, right? Is their the same for other hangers @moon or is it because @Venom121212 is using surf rodz?

MBS clamp is different, and it’s really secure…

It uses those m8 brake holes on the trucks

6 Likes

It seems pretty straight forward thanks guys.

1 Like

Look at the production tab on the first post

Last picture shows mbs clamps

1 Like

If there is also a spare MBS clamp, I’d like to buy, if not, I’ll wait until next batch :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Same here mooner. I want your gears on my mtb too.