£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Pom is tougher than my aluminum gear, i doubt any gear will break, its just easier to block the wheel and throw you off, even if the gears get super close you will just get a lot of drag instead of blocking

Atleast thats the case with my 3dservisas GD, more wear on alu gear than on pom

1 Like

@3DServisas says his wheel gears are not pom they are a dif material

Sounds like a massive stator…

:flushed:

7 Likes

please say that was intentional

1 Like

It was.

Tanka, tanka very much. :sunglasses: I’ll be here all week, tip your servers!

4 Likes
1 Like

@moon What’s the time line for the nkp 3-link mounting plate?

Also, will any 8055 motor mount? I’m guessing I’ll need an adapter.

Thank you

1 Like

Early May.

You will need an adaptor. 80mm motors usually have 10 or 12mm shafts. please confirm what motors you want to use as bolt pattern may vary

3 Likes

I am recommending people to sign up to the mailing list on my site. Just scroll to the bottom of the site and enter your email.

I’ll announce a release date ahead of time so there is a bit more of an equal opportunity at getting the drives.

4 Likes

Will the drives that restock soon still have a 9t fixed position hole for the pinion? Specifically for the helical. Wife wants me to build her a board so we can “spend time together” and will need a set of drives hahaha

10 Likes

She’s a keeper, fella! :smiley:

7 Likes

Yes

Fixed ratio will be for 5.2/1 straight cut POM

1 Like

Would it work doing a wheel adapter with rockstar 2 spoke slots (like Lee did on those direct drives), so it’s easy to swap out a wheel?

Yes I have something designed to fit both rockstars and superstars. Thanks for the reminder

Will be coming soon

6 Likes

Is there an eta on the steel gears?

1 Like

steel waiting on that one

14 Likes

13 Likes

Sometime in May

Working on the SRB 3-Links first as I want the steel gears to work with those trucks

8 Likes

Looking forward to the drop, they look excellent,
Are the moon drives compatible with a motor cage? If not, that could be a neat idea, could even release a file for a 3d printed cage so people can modify/print their own or sell them yourself for those without a printer.

Is this batch going to include the option to buy spacers for 26mm shafts?