£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

There is. Its called Shopify Pay. Its simple, easy, and is fair to both the buyer and the seller. But folks like having the PayPal option, and us vendors get less sales if we dont have PayPal available at checkout. So PayPal can keep raking in a ton of fees and randomly holding our funds whenever and for however long it wants, even if it fucks over small vendors who cant afford to not get paid for the product they are selling.

/rant

8 Likes

man… the 5% transaction fee is awful for the vendor, thats a chunk of sales to throw away just on fees.

I liked the idea that I think @janpom implemented - all prices raised by 5% and then a 5% discount if you pay by card.

8 Likes

I generally just accept fate and give as much payment options available to the customer

3 Likes

Honestly buying shit online with paypal is super convenient at least for me but I have no problem with slightly higher prices b/c of pp fees

2 Likes

Sadly paypal doesnt allow you to make the customer pay those fees, a vendor has to themselves.

2 Likes

Correct (except it’s 4% since credit card payments aren’t free either). More about that here:

5 Likes

This is brilliant as usual Jan. PayPal is really fucking over us small vendors.

5 Likes

Correct and a 5% charge really means anywhere from 15-40% hit on the profit margins. Ridiculous.

4 Likes

I don’t mind paying the extra fee to the vendor to be able to use PayPal. It’s just convenient for me. Pumped for metal gears and your new rims brotha. They look sexy as fuck. They’ll go good on my main board and I can move my megastars to my backup board

4 Likes

Should be working I think

1 Like

Chrome+ saved card info in memory
Even quicker and you avoid Paypal

2 Likes

I can google, download and open an app that shows all passwords/mails/card numbers saved on chrome in under 30 seconds. Only saving grace is the 3 digit pin on the back of the card

This is assuming it doesn’t ask for password to open executable files but who does that on their pc really

Wouldnt that show your paypal password as well? :smiley:

But on the other side paypal has that annoying SMS message, or app auth so its a bit more secure.

For our community vendors I wont be lazy to get off the chair to grab my card, and for other stores who cares :laughing:

2 Likes

My bank has an annoying habit of cancelling my card when I buy stuff outside of the country :confused:

6 Likes

I had super annoying authentication system with mine, so i just switched all my online purchases to revolut. Better exchange than your bank, and cool app.
Anyways lets not derail this haha

2 Likes

Why not just learn your credit card details by memory :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Paypal has 2fa. One of my cards has 2fa as well, plus it requires app authentication if the purchase is relatively large from a low volume merchant. I can’t complete a single transaction from trampa without asking for both approval types for example.

One big bank here on the other hand… you can spend your 2 months income at a newspaper corner shop and they wouldn’t care.
They have like 8 different passwords/security questions when logging in on the other hand. Passwords with rulesets so ridiculous no fuck is remembering those so they’re written somewhere for sure. It’s like they googled “security measures” instead of paying for a security audit…

2 Likes

Anyone rocking the E-Toxx bull bars / grab handle with moon drives? I’m assuming that all fits together well…

I would recommend implementing nano as a crypto payment.

It’s feeless and instant. Perfect for vendors.

https://nano.org/accept-nano

@Lee_Wright @janpom @moon

Check it out…

1 Like

Weve talked about it, but at our scale we are not sure it makes sense to accept crypto. It has potential upsides and downsides. Maybe in the future but not yet

5 Likes