£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

Get in line, starts behind me

2 Likes

Gonna be the 2021 comment and ask: does anyone have a video with decent sound showing how these sound like when idling?
I mean both pushing the board around with no rider and gently riding downhill with no power to the motors. Maybe even some riding over shit roads if possible. Thanks

4 Likes

@Athrx First batch helical pinions were fu*ked. They made quite a bit of rattling noise. But under acceleration there are few moments of pure silence. When they don’t resonate/rattle then the only noise is from motors. Have a listen

9 Likes

Full acceleration up to 40 mph with free roll sounds at the end.

7 Likes

Man that’s a nice sound. Sometimes it sounds like a sports car.

5 Likes

Dang, your guy’s setups are so quiet. Mine sound like someone is setting off an air raid siren.

Hoping they mellow out with some use.

8 Likes

did you pack the thing with grease?

2 Likes

Yeah, I was actually worried that I used too much grease.

1 Like

That is exactly how I described it!

@monsterbuilder don’t worry about too much grease. A ton of it gets flung around and will coat the case. Mine looked empty after the first 100 miles.

3 Likes

Lol yeah this is more of what mine sound like

5 Likes

You guys spurs or helicals?

4 Likes

Everyone except @Venom121212 and @GeorgS have spurs

6 Likes

Good to know. I didn’t even think about that. Should I be adding grease on some kind of periodic interval?

Any recommendation on some kind of syringe that can squirt grease into the grease hole?

1 Like

Sorry @GeorgS and @Venom121212 but out of these 3 videos, only @monsterbuilder 's one clearly shows how these sound like idling (0:18~0:28)
Have you got one pushing your board a little?
Like this:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Moon drives be like

:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Think it like this: if you have air in there, it will all be in the middle after your first ride. All grease gets coated on the walls and doesn’t fall off because we all use the thickest grease possible. Have enough in there that it still touches the gears occasionally

1 Like

Ill do some videos for you tomorrow. Ill coast downhill also

1 Like

There is almost no noise with helicals on idle.

2 Likes

I like that my Nightbloomer sounds like a swarm of angry wasps. People get the f outta my way.

6 Likes