22x12x7 mm bearings, pre-order.

[UPDATED thread]:

Finally they’re here! 22x12x7 bearings

[OLD]

Hey Guys,
After researching the net, I’ve found that these are missing really. They do not exist AFAIK. Maybe I’m wrong, but couldn’t get a hold on them.
If you wish to use 12mm trucks with street wheels, your options are limited.
Therefore, I’ve decided to try and manufacturer them and really would like to see if there is some sort of demand for it.
Materials, 304 stainless steel rings +Si3N4 ceramic balls (may change), lubricated.
The final cost per pack (8 bearings) will be around 50-80$ (not final).

[UPDATE]

The bearings are almost ready, once we’re ready I will publish the final price. I know there is a discussion about their ability to last. These are going to be robust! BUT frankly, bearings are not meant to last forever, so anyhow we are aiming for a price range that is considerably affordable to be able to swap if needed. They will be priced like this not because we want to be rich (we want to, but no like this :rofl:), it’s because they are not standard and hard to manufacture, so please keep that in mind.

1 Like

@kevingraehl did you end up getting a batch of these?

@Jagden I’m slightly interested. not enough to spend big money right now but enough to push a batch over the edge if needed.

3 Likes

Same as Fess said.

4 Likes

I saw some company on Instagram posted tb110 on matrix 2 trucks on a propotipo. Idk what they used. I remember it being expensive… So they may exist… Time to do some digging.

1 Like

That was Skate Kastle, @kevingraehl was killing them in the comments. Meant for Lacroix Prototipos and was $300 I believe for pulleys, belts, risers, and bearing :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes yes that’s it. Sender’s white LaCroix that’s what I saw… That’s some quick digging.

2 Likes

I like the idea of having these around but GODDAMN that’s a lot for bearings…cheaper to just buy new axles lol

4 Likes

I got quotes for 1000moq. Still wayyy too much. Just try the Amazon ones. Maybe I was being a little harsh on him.

They would have to do a custom run.

I talked to matrix about a custom run of 10mm axles. They were not interested.

So how do I proceed

4 Likes

Smaller balls running faster, isn’t that why these do not exist? What would the lifespan be?

1 Like

Are we sure these are better than genuine brand steel bearings made for industrial use? SKF, FAG, NMB, NSK

3 Likes

Amazon ones are bad size. vxb.com source is mucho expensive and are 5mm in width.

1 Like

What about these with a .5mm collar.

There is also this

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/roller-bearings/1469299/

But I dunno if roller bearings are any good. Size is though

1 Like

You’re still missing 1mm in width , it’s doable to overcome this, but not ideal of course.

1 Like

21x12x7mm, available in both RS and ZZ versions. There are thinner models available too, how about making a batch of custom inserts to fill the 22mm total ?

Will be straightforward compatible with wheels and trucks, you do pressfit and you’re up. No friction. And free choice of existing bearings so probably cheaper alternative in the end.

Don’t know if there are versions with in-built spacer tho (à la Zealous)

1 Like

That is also a good option, however, it may be tricky to push them to metal core wheels (not many in the market but there are such …) that will require high precision and tolerance so not sure how this will work though with an insert.

2 Likes

How about nylon or Teflon inserts? Self lubricant for the pressfit and will compress just enough for the fit. Should keep it’s integrity and shape under load.

1 Like

You guys find what you want. I’ll bulk order

4 Likes

Pay 160$ , good luck with that.

That may work but does require some research on material and access to machinery to create that.

2 Likes