2023 Build Of The Year (planning) [serious]

Yes, we’re doing BOTY for 2023. I’m running it this year, so I have some homework to do. I just wanted to start this thread so we’d have somewhere to talk about it before starting up.

I’ve been authorized by defiant to give some decent gear away, and I’m not talking about shirts and hats, I’m talking about parts. I’m also throwing in some stuff from my private stash, maybe even some unobtainium. I’m hoping to convince some other vendors to follow suit.

I still need to freshen myself up on the previous years’ rules and restrictions and all that but I’m working on that now.

Maybe we could start with a currently active vendor roll call. If you’re a vendor and you have something good for the prize pot, speak up here so I don’t have to hunt you down.

Lastly, this thread is serious. Drama will hit the bin in short order.

Let’s make it a good one this year!

26 Likes

SKP will be throwing some loot into the prizepool aswell! Il send you a DM Damon

16 Likes

I could throw in a nazare deck. :laughing:

But enclosures are scarce. Could add an enclosure for $200 if there’s a benefactor out there.

12 Likes

So I’m looking through my personal stash, and some of the items I’m considering for the prize pot are:

• a demonseed deck and enclosure
  • rolling red Witchblade GTD chassis on adjustable 3DS trucks and red boas with machined aluminum wheel pulleys, vintage 2017 pristine and unridden, just add electronics, mounts, and motors
  • a set of still wrapped ABEC Superfly 107s
  • retired and sticker bombed 2016 Witchblade GT, would go perfect on the wall in a shop. It’s on mine right now
  • a pair of brand new never been used or even bolted on Haggy Kahua trucks with motor mounts and fasteners.

decisions, decisions…

10 Likes

MAD ESK8 would like to throw in some products for the prize pool too! I have learned so much here. I love giving back to this community!

8 Likes

I’m always happy to throw something on the prize pile.

9 Likes

Ok I’ve been up to my elbows in work and holiday bullshit but it’s time to get this moving.

@xsynatic start letting everyone know to clean up thier build threads. I want to start nominations this week. Friday sounds good actually. I’ll set up a thread for it that people can tag nominees in. By the way you’re a mod in this new BOTY category.

1 Like

Just wanted to let you know that I will not be taking part in this year’s BOTY.

3 Likes

Perfect. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to see you go @xsynatic, you’ve been an invaluable commodity.

6 Likes

woulld you like to take part in this BOOTY? :kissing_heart: