2023 Build of the Year Official - Voting

Wooooo congrats @glyphiks.

Thanks for all the votes everyone.

7 Likes

WOOOOHOOOO Congrats Y’all!

Next steps - I’m going to reach out to winners in order and give them a pick from the prize pool. This will take a couple days so be patient.

After prize picks have been made, I’ll announce and recognize all the prizes and prize donators in this thread.

15 Likes

Killer job pulling victory from the jaws of defeat, @Shadowfax

IMG_20240131_025720_810

10 Likes

He did good! Evan’s Shitty BOTY actually turned out really well!

Now we will expect the same thankless service for years to come!!!

Nice work Evan, thanks for saving BOTY :pray::pray::pray:

13 Likes

ALSO, who else thinks we should keep up the tradition of the first place builder getting “BOTY Winner 20XX” as their title for the following year?

5 Likes

You just want to claim King Missile as your own :triumph:

3 Likes

Yes, and the great name “Glyphiks.”

2 Likes

You’ve done good, Evan. I’m glad it continued.

12 Likes

Congrats @glyphiks :partying_face: I loved watching the progress and ingenuity on the step bro!

And congrats to all the other builders nominated, it was tough narrowing it down to just 5 votes!

Thanks everyone that voted for the muckraker! I was pretty shocked and extremely flattered to hear that it placed so high when looking at everyone elses build on the list! Cheers for nomming @JeffyJ

Hopefully i can start another build this year, if i can ever stop upgrading the racer :money_mouth_face:

16 Likes

Hell yeah @glyphiks, the step bro is such a sick build with so much engineering and time behind it :fire:
I’m stoked to have placed right next to @JeffyJ too, such a cool build as well.

9 Likes

Very well managed Evan. Some people are saying it’s the best BOTY thread ever ran.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Podium winners have gotten their prize picks in!

1. @glyphiks the BOTY 2023 WINNER has chosen the @Skyart DUAL SOLOS BABY!
  2. @zero_ads with the second place pick snagged the one of kind leg throttle handmade with maniacal love by our very own @Flyboy
  3. @poastoast swooped the Hoyt 5" hub/wheel set offered up by a generous anonymous forum member.

Thank you @Skyart @Flyboy and anonymous friend

The fun continues - there are a LOT of prizes still to go :kissing_heart:

@JeffyJ @SquishyCat @Tasventouras check your DMs - it’s your turn to pick a prize

16 Likes

The prize pool is insanely good! I really like the format you’ve gone for where everyone picks their own prize too, I feel like it’s a great improvement over previous years…

Is it too soon to say Evan’s Shitty BOTY is the best BOTY ever!?

Can’t wait for the rest of the prizes to be revealed!!!

Big thanks to @Skyart for not only providing the Solos that made the Step Bro what it is, but now for the extra ones to probably make the Step Bro extra :rofl::rofl::rofl: in my mind the Solo is the best ESC on the market, so super stoked to receive a set as a most generous prize! You da man Artem!!

16 Likes

I hope you know I am framing this Al!

8 Likes

Eyyyyy @glyphiks got first and second in a way :laughing:

SemenDeed!

4 Likes

@glyphiks
Future Man.
so-extra-sponge-bob

4 Likes

And 5th lol

3 Likes

AYYEEE BOOM BABY

We got the next set of 3 prizes coordinated and ready to announce!

1. @Tasventouras snagging a set of killer @Skyart 6355 MODORS
  2. @JeffyJ scooping the d100s ESC - Thank you @YUTW123 for the rad prize
  3. @SquishyCat walking home with the RED EMBER 44 from @jamie - so hyped for you buddy!
16 Likes

Hell yeah @SquishyCat i was realllllly tempted but just can’t reason another board. But I better see you build out a raceboard!!!

21s @JeffyJ :smirk:

6 Likes