šŸ† 2021 Build of the Year - Voting - ROUND 2

I figure youā€™re joking, but just to address this question anyway:

Thereā€™s no rule that a build has to be in working order when nominated for BOTY. It only needs to have been ā€œcompletedā€ and working at some point during the year.

I realize that could result in someone making a super sweet build, riding it for a week, and then parting it outā€¦ Hopefully that doesnt happen though cus I feel like that would be kinda a lame way to win BOTY, personally.

I feel that best case scenario is that the winners can take a picture of their trophy sitting on their build, but thatā€™s definitely not a requirement! (At least as long as I keep getting stuck with the job of running this thing. When it gets put on some other schmuck, they can make whatever rules they want.)

5 Likes

This is why Iā€™ll never with BOTY

10 Likes

:joy:
Maybe need a BOTM

6 Likes

You canā€™t win BOTY if you sold the board can you lol

Whatā€™s your record for keeping a board

2 Likes

This is why I liked the idea of a category for rider of the year or ā€œride what you buildā€

Data logs would play a role. This is a category Iā€™d nominate @poastoast for

7 Likes

Seller of the year

6 Likes

I donā€™t know about others, but to me most of BOTY nominees have put so much time into this, and more important, so much customized parts that parting it out would not have any sense.

Take those 3 builds for exampleā€¦ Who on earth would buy deck with 100 wholes in it? Or The Cyboard deckā€¦

Those builds only make sense as a whole package. Parting it out would hurt my soul deeply.

7 Likes

probably like 3 months lol

3 Likes

YES

2 Likes

and @Skyart dude is crazy fast!

2 Likes

id honestly hang both of those decks on my wall. attach a wall plug to outrun, and you got a hell of a piece of art.

Send me your address I have spare print of the outrun skin on fabric stil intact. :man_shrugging::joy:

2 Likes

i would legit hang that up xD love me some vaporwave shit. seriously considering doing a shit load of popsicle or otherwise cheap little decks with fabric to sell as wall art.

Dibs if he doesnā€™t!

3 Likes

Believe it or not ive gotten multiple requests for me to make more cyboard decks to sell

7 Likes

Lol were you like yea, for 5k Iā€™ll sell you a deck :rofl:

2 Likes

I believe you, but I am also sure you didnā€™t sell any :man_shrugging:

1 Like

haha absolutely not!

Theres a lot of improvement to be made, not good enough to sell as is imo

Cyboard is a proof of concept.

but sendcutsend gave me $500 credit, maybe a V2 is in my future

4 Likes

My baby boy is getting older.

14 Likes