2019 time to reflect / 2020 forecast

I agree with your sentiment about Baja. I definitely think we can take what they’ve done, as well as other mechanical techniques from cars to really improve our hardware

I don’t want more maintenance as I already have with my boards. Please no :joy:

4 Likes

In my eyes it’s just more parts to break.
I don’t see any performance advantages to creating a tiny differential so that I can drive two wheels off 1 motor.

1 Like

Electronic differential as you might know.

That would be me :joy:

I’m looking forward to see ceramic cells hitting the market.

And people riding Noiseless drive cause fuck yea.

And racing the duck outta you :duck::duck::duck: cause I had a dream and was pissed off cause I raced a bunch of you guys with my classic skates and ate dust. Pride requires salvation. Race is coming. None will escape my grasp :baby_chick::penguin::eagle:behold. My. beer.

4 Likes

Fancy!!!
Do they have golden showers?

2 Likes

the move to the new forum is when I found myself interacting/participating more for no particular reason. Sorry about that.
I hope lithium battery shipping regulations will be revised so I can order some cells Finaly.

5 Likes

You don’t need a diff. The rear truck turning is enough. Some testing but maybe just a one way bearing is all thats needed. Baja doesn’t have a diff either. It just runs the motors inboard instead of out but runs dual and belts as normal.

Doesn’t it have a electronic differential

1 Like

Looking forward to finish my build in 2020 for Paris and the SoCal Adventure.
@Skunk I said that a bit earlier in this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Well aware. Dareno obviously missed that

2 Likes

Its my understanding that it utilises a similar function as traction control on vesc tool. Not a diff per se but adjusts each motor individually.

How did you like it Kelly?

3 Likes

2019: became a part of the community and mer several of you fucks. Great people all around! I grew as a builder and got to test out some really cool things. 2019 was an adventure and a learning experience with a little dose of chaos thrown in…:fire:!

2020: meeting more of you peeps!!! Hopefully taking a trip to europe to meet the EU folk. Build my own battery and participate in a race!!!

9 Likes

@Bobby Well, flying to Europe from US is more expensive than flying ma ass to you.:joy:
@Dareno Didn’t noticed anything on the Baja(differential) and had my first fall with it, because triggerhappy remote.:joy:

4 Likes

It definitely took a minute to get used to because it’s not a skateboard but it’s a lot of f****** fun

3 Likes

@Skunk We shared the board overseas.:wink:

1 Like

I would compare it to more of an RC car.

Fun to play with, but will always need something fixed.

2 Likes

I loved it for the ride but its just too bloody big. Granted I have only ridden them in big open spaces but I could see it being a problem inner city wise. Massive blast on hard sand though.

4 Likes

Especially with that board. I had to replace the whole fucked up bms. (Klaus Board)

3 Likes

The last one I looked at was a fucking jungle under the hood. That had a blown bms too. Credit to Baja though, they are good at customer service. Assembly line tho…

1 Like