200a smart BMS - ANT

Pm me with your postal code and I will get a quote later tonight, i can’t remember what plug it came with, will check later :+1:

2 Likes

If the cables are those for PC power supplies, they are easy to find. Most people must even have spare in a box somewhere.

1 Like

Yeah same cable :+1:

1 Like

When you say p group are you referring to the parallel grouping?? Also, I am building a serious all wheel drive 4 wheel drive system using 4 of the torqueboards direct drive system and I AM in NEED of the SAME AWD (4 MOTOR) type of power that you are looking for… I am planning to use these big Daddy’s (SEE pic) which are 3.2V 8Ah with a maximum discharge of 160 amps per cell (per cell)… building a 12s 2p or a 32V 16Ah pack… Discharging a massive amount of amps which I need to find the right BMS to use. Also, my favorite thing about my HP Headway cells is no spot welding needed…!! :+1:

2 Likes

Personally dude I wouldn’t worry about a discharge BMS and just go with a good balance charger instead

3 Likes

Never seen this before

Now that I know that we share the same feelings about BMSes what do you do to charge your board in an elegant and simple way?

Gx20 plug is a nice and easy way to get a balance port happening with a nice screw on cap for weatherproofness

Or there is this guy;

Looks to be a lot more slender but probably a lot harder to work with due to it being so small.

I haven’t got one of these in any of my own builds yet, but if you can afford a good 12s balance charger (4-500 usd) it really seems like the best way to do it.

3 Likes

Mine is coming next week I think. And don’t blame me! I just think GX20 is ugly! Others are too. This one is just looking so sleek!

Got the cap too btw, will be reviewing all this in the cell monitoring thread.

1 Like

Dont buy the one from ANT, buy the one from JBD on aliexpress. They have a better app with more options for settings. I love mine…

1 Like

This didn’t get any traction in the noobs thread, so reposting it here…

Just wired up a new board with one of these BMSs and it is only charging @ 300mA. I’m trying to figure out if it’s me or the hardware… I haven’t used this charger before, and I don’t have a power supply handy. The BMS app doesn’t appear to have any settings concerning charge rate… Could I be missing something obvious?

BMS:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32819508078.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dMmR0ir
Charger:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824519129.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d6EMf4A

Is your bms bypassed for discharge ??

Charge only.

Did you remember to connect the main negative from the battery pack, to B- on the bms ??

Yeah, I’m going to pull it apart after I discharge it (ie, ride it) today, but IIRC I’ve got battery/ESC negative to B- and charger negative to C-, nothing on P-.

What awg are you using on that wire ( bat. neg. to Bms B- ) Remember that this wire take the fully amp from your charger

Yep, using 10ga, I’m not having any issue with discharge, only charge rate. I believe I’m using 22ga for the charge port wires.

1 Like

I do also have one of those big-ass fuse holders on the charger side.

Btw i have the same Charger as you, just only the 5amp version. The wires on that Charger is pretty darn thin, and get hot when charging. You could check them also.

Maybe if I could pull more than .3A from it, but it’s staying pretty darn cool now, lol.

Strange… When I charge, the app is showing exactly 5amp. The same as my rating on the charger. I also only using my BMS for charge,