200A discharge 3.7V 8AH flat pouch lithium ion cells

That’s just ugly…

1 Like

agreed, it’s a utilitarian design not anything aesthetic. Battery and ESC in one box without having to run phase wires from the middle of the deck out. Not that it is super hard to do so.

@ShutterShock if you had it reverse with all the weight up front and front wheel drive it could be a pretty fun time I think. Just pop it in reverse for better traction uphill haha.

2 Likes

Where did you get the cells from?

1 Like
2 Likes

Moon I have 140 of these sitting here… What do you want made?

1 Like

I was thinking the last few days that I should make 3S2P packs and sell them to the Kweld FB group.

I would need to get a crimper so I could make the terminal connectors.

rocketship?

1 Like

That would be fairly expensive to ship… Would it be ok if it just crash landed somewhere in your vicinity?

1 Like

Did you build anything with the cells your purchased?

1 Like

Yes I made first a 12S1P pack you see above, I also built a 3S2P for my Kweld that works great!

I was planning on making a 13S2P because that should fit perfectly in an apache case, two or three of them actually. Never made that because I learned 13S was a bad idea with the TB6.

1 Like

Did anyone manage to spotweld these? Or were the current requirement too high? I got access to a pretty overpowered welder now, might try

13S7P

159KW rated output :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: @hacksmith

3 Likes

Dude

I wish that my friend would come back and we could finish the go kart project

We had a16s9p for it of those cells but he had life stuff going on

2 Likes

I can see my go kart waiting for a electronics system right out the window.

currently thinking about two and possibly four of these:

(watercooling needed and these are the cheapest ones I can find. )

Dang I need to design a suspension linkage that mounts the @boardnamics AT drive… (for the front)

1 Like

That’s pretty dope haha

1 Like

6S Assembly…

Man idk how this takes hours… I am so much better at it now that I was before that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Literally day and night. Mostly the same but much better.

3 Likes

if anyone wants some I got like 9 left over from the batch i bought. theyre just collecting dust so what ever is a fair cost is currently… hmu

1 Like

Old first battery I ever made pls judge accordingly

12 plus a touch of foam fits perfectly in this $8 Harbor Freight Ammo box. Prob could fit two esc in there but a 12S1P will not get you too far so I would say two of them would be good. huh maybe you could do one battery and ESC in each for a weird modular system hooking up CAN would be annoying wonder what connector I would use.

2 Likes

On penus, at around 225-230lb depending on how flat your area is, about 6-9 miles. :slight_smile:

2 Likes